Known leftists who would be great additions to this forum?

Martin Hash

Re: Known leftists who would be great additions to this forum?

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:30 am

Montegriffo wrote:That's what I mean about admiring his resolve. You just know he must read some posts and really want to jump in to expose the stupid but he has the will power to resist. I sometimes wish I had that much self control but I am weak....
That must be a common feeling among habitual posters. I have a lot to do, certainly not enough time to fuck around here, and several times a year I take a break from posting, thinking "this is it, I'm never going back," then at some point curiosity overcomes me, I read what's going on, and I just can't help but jump in, AND I always enjoy it when I do. Turns out, posting to a political forum with a bunch of people you only know in the most tenuous way is somehow beneficial to mental health. I'd rather do this than read a book or watch TV, and I can do it while I'm doing other things, and I have someplace to post the thoughts I get while driving. None of these things apply to Facebook, et. al. I wonder why it isn't more popular?
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:45 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:That's what I mean about admiring his resolve. You just know he must read some posts and really want to jump in to expose the stupid but he has the will power to resist. I sometimes wish I had that much self control but I am weak....
That must be a common feeling among habitual posters. I have a lot to do, certainly not enough time to fuck around here, and several times a year I take a break from posting, thinking "this is it, I'm never going back," then at some point curiosity overcomes me, I read what's going on, and I just can't help but jump in, AND I always enjoy it when I do. Turns out, posting to a political forum with a bunch of people you only know in the most tenuous way is somehow beneficial to mental health. I'd rather do this than read a book or watch TV, and I can do it while I'm doing other things, and I have someplace to post the thoughts I get while driving. None of these things apply to Facebook, et. al. I wonder why it isn't more popular?
It's a very necessary release from the sterilized "PC world" that we have to live in. (I know there's a word for that) People are open and very real here. It's our group therapy for suppression.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:12 am

This is actually how my peers and I talk in our office, I can only imagine how unhinged I would be if I worked in an office with respectable people and women nearby
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:13 am

We should try and get Martyrmade and Bollelli on here
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:37 am

California wrote:This is actually how my peers and I talk in our office, I can only imagine how unhinged I would be if I worked in an office with respectable people and women nearby
Somehow, I doubt that one of your coworkers is SCREAMING ABOUT NAZIS, while another one brags about racial superiority, and wants to deport Mexicans, while Mr Howe occasionally walks into the room to point at his degree wall.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:19 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
California wrote:This is actually how my peers and I talk in our office, I can only imagine how unhinged I would be if I worked in an office with respectable people and women nearby
Somehow, I doubt that one of your coworkers is SCREAMING ABOUT NAZIS, while another one brags about racial superiority, and wants to deport Mexicans, while Mr Howe occasionally walks into the room to point at his degree wall.
You'd be surprised

Even the the manager and the director is in on it. The director was saying he hopes HR never comes near our side of the building

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:16 pm

California wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
You'd be surprised

Even the the manager and the director is in on it. The director was saying he hopes HR never comes near our side of the building
Sounds like a pretty cool place to work then :lol:

Mine is more of a stale atmosphere, but I love my job. Never in my life have I been able to say that.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Penner

Post by Penner » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:10 pm

The last that I talked to him he sounded like he didn't want to come back. Although, he did say that he wanted to take a break maybe he doesn't know that we all went to this place. I only PMed him once Dan announced that he was shuttering the DCF.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:26 pm

I spoke to drtrech, and he says these offerings are insufficient to draw him out of retirement.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:52 pm

Same thing I was told.

When you're too slow for Mississippi, well . . .