This NBA Playoffs is fucking brutal

Hwen Hoshino

Re: This NBA Playoffs is fucking brutal

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:28 am

SilverEagle wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:
My problem with the NBA is that they allowed Super teams to be bought. The commissioner should never allowed GS to sign Durant. Not sure if it was in his power but if it was he F'ed up big time. This championship was bought when GS sign Durant. The NBA could've skipped the playoffs this year. They are killing themselves and I for one find it funny. At least the NFL and NHL have their shit figured out when it comes to rosters league wide.
Warriors got lucky with underpaying Curry because of his ankles. Also the press needs to stop yelling about RINGS!!!!!!!!!!! and appreciate the grind.
Grind? lol There is a HUGE grind in the NHL...not so sure about the NBA.
I did not mean physicality..

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:05 am

C-Mag wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:I hope the finals ends in 4 games.
Yep, the Warriors now own the best record for a playoff run ever in the 4 major sports. 15 - 0 :shock:

I stopped washing the NBA in the early 90s when the game just went to shit. Regardless, their record in the playoffs is impressive, and if they are able to complete it, they will be known as the best playoff team ever.
When you're playing a team with Lebron James, the same team that just barely beat you last year, and you're now walking all over them like it you're playing a high school team, I think it's safe to say there's a competition problem. I mean that's why people watch sports right? Because they like competition? Best team ever? I guess. They constructed a dream team and now we're all marveling at it for some reason. ESPN has nothing to say about it I"m sure.

Now that they have Durant, I wonder who they'll acquire next season.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:10 am

doc_loliday wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:I hope the finals ends in 4 games.
Yep, the Warriors now own the best record for a playoff run ever in the 4 major sports. 15 - 0 :shock:

I stopped washing the NBA in the early 90s when the game just went to shit. Regardless, their record in the playoffs is impressive, and if they are able to complete it, they will be known as the best playoff team ever.
When you're playing a team with Lebron James, the same team that just barely beat you last year, and you're now walking all over them like it you're playing a high school team, I think it's safe to say there's a competition problem. I mean that's why people watch sports right? Because they like competition? Best team ever? I guess. They constructed a dream team and now we're all marveling at it for some reason. ESPN has nothing to say about it I"m sure.

I don't disagree with you. I wouldn't mind it if the NBA just went away, it's a crappy product and has been for a long time. Still, going 15 - 0 through the playoffs is not easy and they should be commended for their accomplishment. Just need to finish it tonight.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:14 pm

C-Mag wrote:
doc_loliday wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

I don't disagree with you. I wouldn't mind it if the NBA just went away, it's a crappy product and has been for a long time. Still, going 15 - 0 through the playoffs is not easy and they should be commended for their accomplishment. Just need to finish it tonight.
Why do you think it's crappy?

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:43 pm

Hwen Hoshino wrote:Why do you think it's crappy?
You aren't allowed to play defense, that's a foul. You can run over a defender with the ball and he gets the foul, yet on defense you can't touch anyone during a play without getting a foul.

The players dive like it soccer, real pussy shit.

Also there are WAY too many timeouts, the rules just kind of suck in general.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:17 pm

StCapps wrote:
You aren't allowed to play defense, that's a foul. You can run over a defender with the ball and he gets the foul, yet on defense you can't touch anyone during a play without getting a foul.

Agree. Also, traveling and double-dribble are apparently not penalties any more.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:29 pm

StCapps wrote:

i never watched bball during the 90s, but they should just let the players figure it out. Timeouts should be illegal in the last 5 minutes of the game.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:40 pm

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
StCapps wrote:

i never watched bball during the 90s, but they should just let the players figure it out. Timeouts should be illegal in the last 5 minutes of the game.
Here's a list of the rule changes. http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_history.html

My particular favorites:
1999-00
• In the backcourt, there is no contact with hands and forearms by defenders. In the frontcourt, there is no contact with hands and forearms by defenders except below the free throw line extended in which case the defender may only use his forearm. In the post, neither the offensive player nor the defender is allowed to dislodge or displace a player who has legally obtained a position. Defender may not use his forearm, shoulder, hip or hand to reroute or hold-up an offensive player going from point A to point B or one who is attempting to come around a legal screen set by another offensive player. Slowing or impeding the progress of the screener by grabbing, clutching, holding “chucking” or “wrapping up” is prohibited.
NO TOUCHING!!!
2001-02
• Illegal defense guidelines will be eliminated in their entirety.
• A new defensive three-second rule will prohibit a defensive player from remaining in the lane for more than three consecutive seconds without closely guarding an offensive player.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:49 pm

Hwen Hoshino wrote: Why do you think it's crappy?
The other posters nailed a bunch of the problems with modern basketball. Anymore the game seems to be one of two things. Shoot the 3 or drive, run over the defender, take 5 steps and abuse the continuation rule.

There are hardly any designed plays, just rotation offenses. It has taken the strategy and tactics out of the game. It's devolved into who is shooting better that night.

This was basketball.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:26 pm

Well this is the worst run game in league history. What a circus.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace