This NBA Playoffs is fucking brutal

Hwen Hoshino

Re: This NBA Playoffs is fucking brutal

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:04 am

My wish is happening.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:10 am

Hwen Hoshino wrote:I hope the finals ends in 4 games.
Yep, the Warriors now own the best record for a playoff run ever in the 4 major sports. 15 - 0 :shock:

I stopped washing the NBA in the early 90s when the game just went to shit. Regardless, their record in the playoffs is impressive, and if they are able to complete it, they will be known as the best playoff team ever.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:34 am

C-Mag wrote:
Yep, the Warriors now own the best record for a playoff run ever in the 4 major sports. 15 - 0 :shock:

I stopped washing the NBA in the early 90s when the game just went to shit. Regardless, their record in the playoffs is impressive, and if they are able to complete it, they will be known as the best playoff team ever.
Verified. That's impressive...

I did the same. After Jordan left, it became all about flash and pomp. The Warriors look more like an old-school team though. Much better strategic play and shooting than anyone else.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:45 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

I did the same. After Jordan left, it became all about flash and pomp. The Warriors look more like an old-school team though. Much better strategic play and shooting than anyone else.
My problem with the NBA is that they allowed Super teams to be bought. The commissioner should never allowed GS to sign Durant. Not sure if it was in his power but if it was he F'ed up big time. This championship was bought when GS sign Durant. The NBA could've skipped the playoffs this year. They are killing themselves and I for one find it funny. At least the NFL and NHL have their shit figured out when it comes to rosters league wide.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:06 am

SilverEagle wrote:At least the NFL and NHL have their shit figured out when it comes to rosters league wide.
:lol: good one!
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:19 am

Worst playoffs in any sport, ever.
Not sure the NBA needs to go to a salary cap, but they need to make that luxury tax way more expensive for the big spenders. Golden State vs Cleveland in the final every year, with zero opposition along the way, boring.
*yip*

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:23 am

StCapps wrote:Worst playoffs in any sport, ever.
Not sure the NBA needs to go to a salary cap, but they need to make that luxury tax way more expensive for the big spenders. Golden State vs Cleveland in the final every year, with zero opposition along the way, boring.
It's more than boring, it's laughable. I'm not a fan of the luxury tax. It doesn't work in Baseball IMO and I don't think it will work in the NBA either. A salary cap that includes both a Max and Min almost forces teams to scout well and build the bulk of their talent through drafting. I would not have a problem with the Warriors if they built that team. However they didn't, they bought it plain and simple. Just another reason why the NHL and NFL are much better leagues.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:27 am

Meh, The Raptors spent more than Golden State, and they got swept by the Cavs. The Cleveland Cavaliers, now they bought their team.

Golden State only spent $6 million more than the Miami Heat, who had the 15th highest salary in basketball.
Cleveland spent $9 million more than the second most expensive team the Portland Trailblazers, who spent $12 million more than GS did.
The Cavs have spent $21 million more than the Warriors, and they are on the verge of being swept by them.
Even in the NBA, it's hard to straight up "buy" wins.
*yip*

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:20 am

SilverEagle wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

My problem with the NBA is that they allowed Super teams to be bought. The commissioner should never allowed GS to sign Durant. Not sure if it was in his power but if it was he F'ed up big time. This championship was bought when GS sign Durant. The NBA could've skipped the playoffs this year. They are killing themselves and I for one find it funny. At least the NFL and NHL have their shit figured out when it comes to rosters league wide.
Warriors got lucky with underpaying Curry because of his ankles. Also the press needs to stop yelling about RINGS!!!!!!!!!!! and appreciate the grind.

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:52 am

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

Warriors got lucky with underpaying Curry because of his ankles. Also the press needs to stop yelling about RINGS!!!!!!!!!!! and appreciate the grind.
Grind? lol There is a HUGE grind in the NHL...not so sure about the NBA.