The diet of Metas - Ketogenic

C-Mag

Re: The diet of Metas - Ketogenic

Post by C-Mag » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:33 pm

Ketogenic Diet folks should be aware that big ag is making a play for dominant control of the beef industry. Cargill, Tyson and JBS have been holding the beef price down in a attempt to corner the industry.

Also, a legal battle has started over the word meat and what meat actually is. Cattlemen want it defined as what you know it as. Big Ag wants to be able to call their Solyent Green meat.

Stay tuned

http://www.grubstreet.com/2018/02/cattl ... -term.html

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-catt ... sinessNews
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:50 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:33 pm

Also, a legal battle has started over the word meat and what meat actually is. Cattlemen want it defined as what you know it as. Big Ag wants to be able to call their Solyent Green meat.
And?

Seriously, I love thinking about the animal that died when I eat meat, but that is really more about the poetry of my consumption. I like thinking that I am absorbing the life force of some lesser creature.

But, if they get the same taste and texture, with all the blood that is fit to print, plus all the same protein and energy per ounce grown in some mad scientist's lab.... what the fuck do I care?

As long as they can't lie about the protein v fat v sodium v calorie content, and I still get the thrill of animal blood, who is getting their panties in a twist over this?
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:56 pm

Wow.
“Who cares about the truth if an approximation will usually suffice?”

Sad.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:03 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:56 pm
Wow.
“Who cares about the truth if an approximation will usually suffice?”

Sad.
An indistinguishable approximation. I'm not the morality police. If I get everything I want, and they cut the costs, and the trade is they get to call it meat when it is cultured in a lab instead of grown on a beast... who cares?

If it don't taste right, I'll take my blood-lust elsewhere, thank you very much. Capitalism bruh, it is all about their effective marketing, and my ability to beat the Pepsi challenge. If they win, more power to 'em.

What? You some fuckin' Luddite? Worried about the cattle rancher's monopoly on the concept of meat?

Collectivist bitch.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:06 pm

I think words have meanings.
I’m not part of the “everything is relative, who are we to judge” cult.
Have fun with your meaningless world.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:10 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:50 pm
C-Mag wrote:

And?

Seriously, I love thinking about the animal that died when I eat meat, but that is really more about the poetry of my consumption. I like thinking that I am absorbing the life force of some lesser creature.

But, if they get the same taste and texture, with all the blood that is fit to print, plus all the same protein and energy per ounce grown in some mad scientist's lab.... what the fuck do I care?

As long as they can't lie about the protein v fat v sodium v calorie content, and I still get the thrill of animal blood, who is getting their panties in a twist over this?
There is more to nutrition than macros.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:13 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:06 pm
I think words have meanings.
I’m not part of the “everything is relative, who are we to judge” cult.
Have fun with your meaningless world.
Everything is relative.

It is completely accurate to say the sun revolves around the Earth. Motion is relative... the math is just more complicated.

Words have agreed upon meanings. They are literally meaningless in a vacuum, where you are the only one with a concept of a sound's relation to an object.

I have an idea of what I get when I buy meat. If I get all of that with a decreased cost, but the meat is arrived upon through superior tech? Who fuckin' cares?
Last edited by Hanarchy Montanarchy on Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAIL!

-Hwen

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:17 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:10 pm
Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:50 pm
C-Mag wrote:

And?

There is more to nutrition than macros.
Loads more. Exercise, positive outlook, et cetera... but what is the essentialist essence of 'meat' that I can't get from a lab cultured ounce of the same materials?
HAIL!

-Hwen

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:19 pm

Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:13 pm
Everything is relative.
To an amoral twat who doesn’t understand gravity.
Indeed.
And any truths you find inconvenient or bothersome are ESPECIALLY relative. We got it. Hundreds of millions of you around. Nothing worth exploring further.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:27 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:19 pm
Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:13 pm
Everything is relative.
To an amoral twat who doesn’t understand gravity.
Indeed.
And any truths you find inconvenient or bothersome are ESPECIALLY relative. We got it. Hundreds of millions of you around. Nothing worth exploring further.
Morality? Gravity is an equation describing relative force exerted upon bodies in a vacuum.

No moral component.

In fact, it is physically accurate to say the universe revolves around me, personally. But my relative mass to the universe just makes it an incredibly inefficient way to describe the relative motion of bodies in space. I pull on the Earth, Sun, and Moon as much as they pull on me. If I could come up with an elegant equation to describe that process, it would be better than the current model.

If they come up with a better way to give me the pleasure and nutrition of animal protein... the word meat is good enough for me.
Last edited by Hanarchy Montanarchy on Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAIL!

-Hwen