The diet of Metas - Ketogenic

Speaker to Animals

Re: The diet of Metas - Ketogenic

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:40 am

I cannot imagine anybody who does serious strength training choosing this, but I have heard of some claiming to on YouTube.

Carbs are good if you exercise a lot and constantly flush out your glycogen.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:59 am

Still working fine for me.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:14 am

Martin, if it's possible, can you put the medical hat back on an help me with this?

To get to 10% body fat, I need to lose about 15 lbs. This last bit of fat does not want to go. My training volume is so high, I cannot really fast more than about 16 hours per day (definitely no multi-day fasts, and 24 hour fasts are impractical since I need energy for long training sessions).

I was thinking of tweaking this keto idea a bit to be somewhat more like an Atkin's diet, but very low carb. Also simple.

For 4-6 weeks, my diet would consist primarily of chicken breast, eggs, olive oil, butter, various nuts, and a few veggies for flavoring chicken (like onions, green onions, mini sweet peppers).

Macros would be more like 50% protein, 40% fat, and 10% carbs, trying to get at least 150 grams of protein in there really, with most of the rest going to fat.

Would this work okay?

If my strength training suffers, I can manage it for four weeks. If not, I would go all the way till I hit 10% body fat.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:13 am

@Martin Hash

Your expertise is required.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:57 pm

How in the fuck am I supposed to fit 118 grams of fat into a day's meal??

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:15 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:57 pm
How in the fuck am I supposed to fit 118 grams of fat into a day's meal??
stick of butter

High Fat content dry salami
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:14 pm

Meat Eaters = Toxic Masculinity - I love it !

A Pennsylvania State University sociology professor recently argued that eating meat perpetuates “hegemonic masculinity” and “gender hegemony
https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=10221
PLATA O PLOMO

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:20 pm

Man, I run for 25 mins every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I have to. I work from home and it would be easy to blob out into a blarg-beast if I didn’t do anything. Anyway, while in Keto I averaged something like 8mins 20secs per mile. Most my runs either barely hit 3 miles or just fell short.

I cycled out of Keto in June and my run time has been going down. Today I hit an average of 7mins 32 secs per mile. That’s 3.32 Miles in 25 mins. My runs are consistently over three miles since July.

Now ... it could just be incremental improvement over time, since my run schedule has been consistent for about a year. Or ... it could be that carbs are great for running, and Keto powers are good for mental focus and energy.

Thoughts?
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:24 pm

Carbs are incredible for athletics.

Good carbs. There are so many different kinds of carbs, though. Eat lots of veggies and a little bit of fruit. Maybe rice and potatoes.

If I cut carbs too much, all my athletic pursuits suffer. Which means I don't build muscle as fast. Which in turn means I don't increase the amount of calories I burn in a day regardless of anything I do (more muscle, more calories burned). It means I don't progress at running, or gymnastic rings, or anything. If you want a proven way to burn a lot more calories every day: put on about twenty pounds of muscle.

Low carbs means I don't make those few extra reps in sets. It means I get wiped out sooner in the night. That stuff is small in a single night, but adds up to a lot over time.

I have heard of some athletes and even a physique model that does it, but that they are rare. That physique model actually cycles it with two carb days in a week, since he would lose muscle otherwise.

For mental acuity, just doing strength training most days should help you no matter what. It also helps your mood.

I eat a balanced macro ratio and I do pretty well. It still feels crazy when people refer to me as a very fit person. When a woman you care about just casually drops the "well, your very muscular, though" comment you are going to run home and flex like Lou Ferrigno.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:34 pm

You plebs without a farm are going to be eating this beauty invention of science...……….. Cultured Meat. You'll be begging to have your pink slime back.

I don't think they intended it, but they basically outline how eating meat is the diet of Meta's.
PLATA O PLOMO