The diet of Metas - Ketogenic

apeman

Re: The diet of Metas - Ketogenic

Post by apeman » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:57 am

Had first bit of alcohol in over a week yesterday at Shakespeare in the nearby park (ain't going to that completely sober), just a little vodka in bubble water, and holy fuck, I could really feel just one drink.

This is probably how alcohol is supposed to work.

In any case, I no longer have any doubts that this Keto thing gives me superior focus. Pretty amazing. Thanks DB and the other guinea pigs.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:18 am

Right on!

Yeah, it is pretty amazing.
And yeah, alcohol will go directly to your head as if you mainlined it while you're in ketosis.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:20 am

I have had one glass of beer in the past three years. I am pretty sure I would I drop out pretty fast in a drinking contest these days.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:27 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:I have had one glass of beer in the past three years. I am pretty sure I would I drop out pretty fast in a drinking contest these days.
Dang, that's impressive.
I tend to alter my drinking depending on season and fitness level.
Been sticking to zero carb tequila and whiskey lately tho (even if you don't believe in them).
Can't enjoy those IPA's like I used to . . . until the next keto break at least. ;)
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:41 am

DBTrek wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:I have had one glass of beer in the past three years. I am pretty sure I would I drop out pretty fast in a drinking contest these days.
Dang, that's impressive.
I tend to alter my drinking depending on season and fitness level.
Been sticking to zero carb tequila and whiskey lately tho (even if you don't believe in them).
Can't enjoy those IPA's like I used to . . . until the next keto break at least. ;)

I just don't like it much anymore. No appeal at all. I do sort of miss something like a Guinness. But that's more like a meal to me.

edit:

in hindsight, I forgot I still drink a small sip of wine at communion on Sunday. But it's just a tiny sip. I don't think it matters much, though.

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:00 pm

Laser focus, you say?

Hmmmm, might have to give this a try. Don't give a shit about the fat loss, though (not like I have any spare weight to lose).
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:01 pm

I really miss my modofinil prescription.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:21 pm

So I fasted between 3am and 7pm today. My workout was at 4pm and I felt amazing. However, if I didn't stay so busy today I know it will take a lot of willpower in the middle of the day. It was easy today because my day went like this

3am - work-provided breakfast
8am - sleep
1pm - wake
2pm - surf (my ankle did not cooperate, so I got out after 20 minutes)
4pm - workout
6:45 - finally sat down to eat

I had coffee and water at 3am and pretty much the whole time between 1 and 6:45. I have not been keto for awhile, I always eat low carb but I've been probably averaging between 50-100 carbs a day and not abstaining from small amounts of starchy foods such as tortillas. This short fast today had me feeling like I had been on strict keto for a couple weeks.

I'm going to have to give it to StoA and say this fasting thing works great. No ill effects in my workout whatsoever, and I can see the only issue will be willpower to abstain from eating, especially when the kids and wife come back
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:26 pm

Members of an online neonazi forum die in a bizarre mass starvation ritual. More at eleven.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:37 pm

California wrote:So I fasted between 3am and 7pm today. My workout was at 4pm and I felt amazing. However, if I didn't stay so busy today I know it will take a lot of willpower in the middle of the day. It was easy today because my day went like this

3am - work-provided breakfast
8am - sleep
1pm - wake
2pm - surf (my ankle did not cooperate, so I got out after 20 minutes)
4pm - workout
6:45 - finally sat down to eat

I had coffee and water at 3am and pretty much the whole time between 1 and 6:45. I have not been keto for awhile, I always eat low carb but I've been probably averaging between 50-100 carbs a day and not abstaining from small amounts of starchy foods such as tortillas. This short fast today had me feeling like I had been on strict keto for a couple weeks.

I'm going to have to give it to StoA and say this fasting thing works great. No ill effects in my workout whatsoever, and I can see the only issue will be willpower to abstain from eating, especially when the kids and wife come back

If you intermittent fast, your insulin will be pretty well regulated. I eat twice per day, within my eating window. I think when I start my 40 hour fast tomorrow night, the worst of it will be around 3 pm and then right around 8 pm Friday night. But by Saturday morning when I wake up, the hunger I think will be gone and it will be like normal.

I think for people who are used to eating all the time throughout the day, it could be hard, because their insulin will spike throughout the day since that's how they trained their bodies.