The diet of Metas - Ketogenic

apeman

Re: The diet of Metas - Ketogenic

Post by apeman » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:41 am

whoa I had no idea.

DSL please tell us all about how your planned fast goes.

(btw I'm on day 7 of no alcohol, longest since I was 18, and still eating less than 20-25 carbs day)

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:29 am

apeman wrote:whoa I had no idea.

(btw I'm on day 7 of no alcohol, longest since I was 18, and still eating less than 20-25 carbs day)
How's it going? You should definitely be feeling the augmented Keto effects by now (usually by day 4 or 5).
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

apeman

Post by apeman » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:43 am

DBTrek wrote:
apeman wrote:whoa I had no idea.

How's it going? You should definitely be feeling the augmented Keto effects by now (usually by day 4 or 5).
An honest answer probably requires a control -- i.e. an apeman where I didn't drink 2-4 IPA's every weeknight and often more on weekends, for many many years -- and then stop.

But, super high energy, without a doubt doing better focusing at work and on my personal projects.

And eating a lot of protein and fat is not exactly a challenging diet, I give up very little except sweet, sweet beer, which is maybe not so sweet at all.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:50 am

The energy and focus are why I keep myself in a Keto cycle. Mad endurance. But there are times after a six or eight week stretch where my weight drops too low and I start feeling reduced strength, that's when I pop out for a while. I'll eat however I want until I gain back a solid 6-8 pounds and then cycle back into Keto.

Works for me, may not be for everyone. I like having both the amped up energy and focus, while also knowing that I'm not on some nazi regimen that I can never break or leave. It's looking at diet as a tool instead of a prison sentence, I guess - and my health has only improved for it. Went from borderline high blood pressure to normal blood pressure simply through diet control and occasionally running.

apeman

Post by apeman » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:03 am

I am off for a whole week later this month, not gonna do Keto through that (wedding, camping with fires, etc call for party mode), might follow your example, and cycle back in when appropriate.

I mean, I can only lose 10 lbs or so until this would have to be classified as an eating disorder...

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:56 pm

lol, it cures cancer too.

we're so fucking healthy.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:32 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
California wrote:
Montegriffo wrote: What is a French press?
Do you mean a cafetiere?
I don't speak English, I speak American
I was just curious, I've never heard them called French presses before. Odd name considering it was an Italian who first designed one, but then again cafetiere is a French word too.
Italians must think we are thick as shit.....
I know, I was just joking anyway.

I bought mine at IKEA so its a UPPHETTA? :lol:
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:24 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:lol, it cures cancer too.

heh, for the lulz (you'll dig it the most): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000XUBDKS

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:29 pm

Fife wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:lol, it cures cancer too.

heh, for the lulz (you'll dig it the most): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000XUBDKS
High in the running for most navel-gaving, tonedeaf, self-indulgent, twaddle ever written about oneself, this opener from that guy's bio:
"Starbuck O'Dwyer, a native of Rochester, New York and a graduate of Princeton, Oxford and Cornell, writes novels, essays, short stories, screenplays and music under his given middle name."

Yep.
Here on the West Coast we just call narcissistic, college-debt-riddled millennials who "write novels, essays, short stories, screenplays and music under [their] given middle name" by their proper moniker - unemployed.
:lol:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:31 pm

Hi, Brittany, I'd like an iced latte with hazelnut, thanks. Please don't spit your hepatitis C into my drink because you hate your life.