The diet of Metas - Ketogenic

DBTrek

Re: The diet of Metas - Ketogenic

Post by DBTrek » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:10 pm

Right on!

Had the same effect on me.
Went from 215 to 196 in about 5 weeks without even trying.
I'd post pics but I couldn't handle answering all that fan mail, plus I'd feel guilty for all the hearts I'd break.
:ugeek:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:31 pm

Probably about 5 years ago ago I tried the diet. I definitely felt the "keto flu" for a bit and it sucked. It did go away after a week or so and I did lose some weight, but I never felt the extra energy that people talk about and I felt hungry a lot. The restrictions were too much for me and I gave up on it. I just wasn't willing to give up all the food that I love.

Low/no carb is pretty great for weight loss though, I don't think there's a quicker way to drop the lbs. And speaking of, I could stand to lose about 5 pounds of fat, maybe its time to try it again (for a short amount of time.)

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:49 pm

I find it's easier to keep with it when you have Amazon Fresh delivering the groceries.
At first I was like $14.99 a month? Are yo high? That's serious money, boss!
But then my wife was like "You're high. That's like a week of beer, and since beer isn't ketogenic you'll still be saving $45 a month even after paying for the service".
Damn.

Staying in ketosis is easy when I can have eggs, cheese, or meat on the doorstep in 24 hours or less. I can't imagine trying to run to the grocery store every time something gets low though. I eat a lot of scrambles, a lot of salads, a lot of cooked meats . . . so the groceries have to come pretty frequently.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:02 pm

Its also easier when there's not holidays going on. I can only look at so much cake and candy before i have to dive in.

I've been eating like shit since like Xmas TBH. The vast majority of meals are still low carb, but I've been snacking and eating the kids' treats. Today is my first day back being strict. Luckily I don't get keto flu anymore, but I'm hungry the first couple days until i'm completely fat adapted again.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:25 am

DBTrek wrote:I use this in my coffee.
(C8 and C10)

My wife has a different, non-butter, 100% oil supplement that I'll have to check out. I'm not sure which one shes using.
Thanks. I ordered some - will give it a try. We've been pulling back on carbs pretty severely since the new year, but haven't given it up completely. Definitely noticing a difference, though.
Account abandoned.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:15 am

I'm planning to transition to a slow-carb type diet once I lose about six more pounds. BUT . . . if I lose the mental clarity and increased energy I'm going back into ketosis. Too much of an edge to give up! I need all the extra energy I can muster.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:27 am

Why aren't Asians fat?

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:41 pm

Broadening the discussion of healthy diet and overall fitness..............

Every type of Diet in the world has been sold, and just about any possible fitness routines as well. To me, I don't think it's one size fits all. While Ketosis based diet may work for many, I believe that there is probably some genetic traits that probably could be categorized on what type of diet and foods are best for certain people. Probably Cultural and Psychological norms that play into as well.

For instance how big of factor does genetic heritage play into? Native American, European, African, Asian?
I've seen Diets based on Blood Type.
How about body type? Endomorph, Ectomorph, Mesomorph.

I'm curious to see what board members think, personally it seems very likely that healthy diet and fitness is a more complex answer.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:29 pm

Keto.

Insulin rules all. Every diet is some variation of insulin control.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:56 pm

I thought someone said this was a gag thread?

I already know dropping the rice and beans is gonna be a touchy subject for my old lady.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751