The diet of Metas - Ketogenic

DBTrek

The diet of Metas - Ketogenic

Post by DBTrek » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:29 am

How far would you go for an 'edge' over the masses. Could you drop carbs out of your diet? How about keeping the carbs down to 20g or less. Ok, how about keeping your 'net' carbs down to 50g or less?

If you can do that, and put yourself in a state of ketosis, then you can take your abilities to the next level. I know, it sounds like I'm about to make a pitch for a magic protein shake pr something, but I'm not. I'm sharing some wisdom with you about taking your existence up a notch.

So, what will you notice when you go into ketosis and start powering your body off fat and the ketones in your blood stream? Well, for me the benefits included:
  • * Increased mental clarity/focus
    * Elevated levels of energy
    * Considerable endurance boost
Now, most people do some form of low carb/ketogenic diet because they're fatties who want to lose weight. That's cool. That is certainly one aspect of the diet. I dropped 16 pounds in 5 weeks, for example . . . but I also exercise regularly and stopped drinking my 2-4 daily beers, so my numbers may not be representative of the norm.

So . . . before you pooh-pooh this ketogenic diet stuff as a bunch of new-age twaddle I invite you to give it five days. Five. Measly. Days. To unlock your latent superpowers. It will take about three days for your body to make the switch from carb energy to ketone energy. You may have a slight to moderate headache when the change takes place. But once you're in ketosis you're going to see what I'm talking about.

It's the diet of champions.
The diet of metas.
And if you can hack that, then we can talk about the payoff of intermittent fasting.
;)

Now buy my magic sawgrass shakes.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

TheReal_ND

Re: The diet of Metas - Ketogenic

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:31 am

ImageIt's also a diet that will wreck your digestive track.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:35 am

+1

I love it too. But I find myself on and off the diet. Generally seasonally, consuming carbs at the worst time of the year, Winter.
I swing 20 pounds seasonally. Almost seems natural to me now. I would have to agree, being no a predator diet makes you sharper and gives you more energy.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:36 am

I'm an Atkins, and look at me!
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:38 am

TheReal_ND wrote:It's also a diet that will wreck your digestive track.
Why you lyin' on the superpower diet, villain? Cramming fatty McFat burgers down your gullet and swilling carbonated sugar water is gonna wreck that digestive tract a bajillion quintillion times faster. Look at the obesity rates in this nation. That's American diet right there.

But I understand the hesitation, which is why I said five days. Try it for five days - three to get into ketosis, and two to decide if the additional superpowers is worth giving up french fries. I'm not a medical doctor, but I'm fairly confident that you won't wreck your digestive tract in five days.

Taco Bell will still be right there to save you if things start going sideways. Fast, easy, unfulfilling carbs are being hocked from every street conrner in the land if the pressure gets to be too much.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:44 am

C-Mag wrote:+1

I love it too. But I find myself on and off the diet. Generally seasonally, consuming carbs at the worst time of the year, Winter.
I swing 20 pounds seasonally. Almost seems natural to me now. I would have to agree, being no a predator diet makes you sharper and gives you more energy.
There you have it folks.

That's the other thing that's nice about the ketogenic diet - it's not a life sentence. You want those amped up predator powers - get into ketosis. You want to hit Oktoberfest and guzzle pints of fine German ale while wolfing down brats - go for it. Enjoy food when you want to enjoy it, use food like your slave when you're ready to get down to biz.

+1 to Martin for Atkins, which is a cousin of the ketogenic. Low carb, slow carb, Atkins, or ketogenic . . . it all depends on your goals. But I'm telling you right now that there's more power inside of you, locked away behind some apathetic dietary habits, than you may realize. And it only takes a couple days of commitment to discover how you *could* be operating vs. how you have been operating.

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:46 am

DBTrek wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:It's also a diet that will wreck your digestive track.
Why you lyin' on the superpower diet, villain? Cramming fatty McFat burgers down your gullet and swilling carbonated sugar water is gonna wreck that digestive tract a bajillion quintillion times faster. Look at the obesity rates in this nation. That's American diet right there.

But I understand the hesitation, which is why I said five days. Try it for five days - three to get into ketosis, and two to decide if the additional superpowers is worth giving up french fries. I'm not a medical doctor, but I'm fairly confident that you won't wreck your digestive tract in five days.

Taco Bell will still be right there to save you if things start going sideways. Fast, easy, unfulfilling carbs are being hocked from every street conrner in the land if the pressure gets to be too much.
Can I still drink black coffee?

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:50 am

Xenophon wrote:Can I still drink black coffee?
Hell yes you can.

One benefit I neglected to mention was suppressed appetite. After your body slips into ketosis you'll feel considerably less hungry than before. So on the topic of black coffee, you can drink it like you always do - or- if you want to go the DBTrek route you can spike it with MCT oil and call it a meal, because you won't be hungry for a while afterward.

I should probably mention things like caffeine, alcohol, and other medications/intoxicants may have a considerably stronger effect on your system when you're in ketosis though. So your regular dose of coffee might hit you like a train of crazed weasels.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:55 am

I can't afford meat though...

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:59 am

DBTrek wrote: So on the topic of black coffee, you can drink it like you always do - or- if you want to go the DBTrek route you can spike it with MCT oil and call it a meal, because you won't be hungry for a while afterward.
Tell me more about MCT oil in the coffee. I'm on my third cup this morning (late night at the Preds game (not much ketosis going on there, I'm afraid)), and my third teaspoon of coconut oil per cup. I've developed a taste for coconut oil in my coffee; give me the TLDR on MCT.