Body Language

heydaralon

Re: Body Language

Post by heydaralon » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:20 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
heydaralon wrote:

But you were probably at Parliament House.
I saw you there dancing on the stage
Hell, yeah. Free beer.
I don't have many options after Pulse closed.
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:32 pm

heydaralon wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
I saw you there dancing on the stage
Hell, yeah. Free beer.

Pulse was for the younger, poorer gays. Parliament House is old school and refined. They have the money to buy you premium Corona there.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:39 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Hell, yeah. Free beer.

Pulse was for the younger, poorer gays. Parliament House is old school and refined. They have the money to buy you premium Corona there.
Was Pulse haram?
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:41 pm

heydaralon wrote:
heydaralon wrote:

Was Pulse haram?

When I was a kid, Parliament House was the only gay club I knew about. It was kind of infamous back then. There was The Edge. That was our only actual rave back in the day.

But starting around 1993, a whole shit ton of clubs opened up downtown all at once and it became a nightclub destination. Wasn't like that for most of my youth. The city didn't actually like the clubs until they realized it was a huge money maker.

They used to want to cater only to businesses like that O'Grady's themed area. In the 80s, family night destinations were what they thought they should encourage. The Edge was like a fucking herpes sore as far the city was concerned. Which, really, it kind of was.

We used to rave at the edge until about three I think it was when they closed, and then there was this coffee bar after hours place further downtown we would go to come down and hang out until the morning. Lots of gen xers would hang out all around that area. It was next to a little park. We all would just sit there and drink coffee or whatever. It was kind of nice.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:52 pm

heydaralon wrote:

Was Pulse haram?

When I was a kid, Parliament House was the only gay club I knew about. It was kind of infamous back then. There was The Edge. That was our only actual rave back in the day.

But starting around 1993, a whole shit ton of clubs opened up downtown all at once and it became a nightclub destination. Wasn't like that for most of my youth. The city didn't actually like the clubs until they realized it was a huge money maker.

They used to want to cater only to businesses like that O'Grady's themed area. In the 80s, family night destinations were what they thought they should encourage. The Edge was like a fucking herpes sore as far the city was concerned. Which, really, it kind of was.

We used to rave at the edge until about three I think it was when they closed, and then there was this coffee bar after hours place further downtown we would go to come down and hang out until the morning. Lots of gen xers would hang out all around that area. It was next to a little park. We all would just sit there and drink coffee or whatever. It was kind of nice.
I used to go downtown. I can't stand it now. Its just crowded you can't hear shit and chockfull of degenerates. Takes like 45 minutes to get out because everyone leaves at the same time. My cousin used to go to the Edge when he was in high school.
Shikata ga nai

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:00 pm

CIA Director responds to a number of things including Trump decision making
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:21 pm

A Fun One.
James Franco's coordinated response to MeToo with Colbert :lol:
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:32 pm

A window into White House Negotiations on Immigration............... you get to see where Trump stands on the wall and security. You also get to see some of the DC weasels at work trying to keep open immigration.
PLATA O PLOMO

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:40 pm

C-Mag wrote: You also get to see some of the DC weasels at work trying to keep open immigration.
I've been saying for years that the owners of the congress critters enjoy their cheap labor and will lobby like man men to keep that supply flowing. Blame them.
Account abandoned.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:50 pm

Kath wrote:
C-Mag wrote: You also get to see some of the DC weasels at work trying to keep open immigration.
I've been saying for years that the owners of the congress critters enjoy their cheap labor and will lobby like man men to keep that supply flowing. Blame them.
I love this gal. IMO, she is awesome at what she does and very intuitive.
At the very end of that video she points to Steny Hoyer and says, this guy, he's into something illegal happening with immigration, drugs or human trafficking or something.
PLATA O PLOMO