Body Language

C-Mag

Re: Body Language

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:46 pm

Penner wrote:This seems like an interesting topic but how do you a) learn to read body language b) learn it to a point where you are really good at it, and c) does this make you a human lie detector or what?

I'm not looking to be a human lie detector. It's just interesting to me, you have to train yourself to observe body language while listening to people talk. It's kind of tough for me.

Most people can tell when someone is feeling uncomfortable in a situation, or don't want to answer a question, even pick up on people diverting a conversation to a more comfortable topic. But there are certain things to watch for, one of the big things is when the words and body are out of sync. For instance a person saying, Yes, of course I'm honest. But there head is gently shaking left to right....... it's probably not the full truth.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Penner

Post by Penner » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:02 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Penner wrote:This seems like an interesting topic but how do you a) learn to read body language b) learn it to a point where you are really good at it, and c) does this make you a human lie detector or what?

I'm not looking to be a human lie detector. It's just interesting to me, you have to train yourself to observe body language while listening to people talk. It's kind of tough for me.

Most people can tell when someone is feeling uncomfortable in a situation, or don't want to answer a question, even pick up on people diverting a conversation to a more comfortable topic. But there are certain things to watch for, one of the big things is when the words and body are out of sync. For instance a person saying, Yes, of course I'm honest. But there head is gently shaking left to right....... it's probably not the full truth.

Yeah, but doesn't everybody have their own tell signs of whether or not they are lying/telling the truth?

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:06 pm

Penner wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

Yeah, but doesn't everybody have their own tell signs of whether or not they are lying/telling the truth?
Humans aren't that original There are probably variations of themes but listen to poker players, standup comics or deposition lawyers (just to name a few) talk about reading people. There are micro reactions that betray our words and actions if they aren't in alignment with our beliefs and knowledge.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:43 pm

I can certainly speak for poker, at least. Displays of strength = weakness. Displays of weakness = Strength.

My favorite targets are alpha males, trying to dominate the game. They have absolutely no self awareness - just raw arrogance. The hardest players to beat are always the quiet ones.

Applying this to life has served me very very well.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:31 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:I can certainly speak for poker, at least. Displays of strength = weakness. Displays of weakness = Strength.

My favorite targets are alpha males, trying to dominate the game. They have absolutely no self awareness - just raw arrogance. The hardest players to beat are always the quiet ones.

Applying this to life has served me very very well.
Ah, that's how I busted your arse in the infamous MHF poker game, you couldn't see my tells online. Image
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:43 am

Haumana wrote:
Humans aren't that original There are probably variations of themes but listen to poker players, standup comics or deposition lawyers (just to name a few) talk about reading people. There are micro reactions that betray our words and actions if they aren't in alignment with our beliefs and knowledge.

Yes, that's how I understand it as well. And Body Language is fairly universal, doesn't matter what language you are speaking...........knowing the language helps but little que's like smiling with your eyes but not your mouth is an example of a micro reaction. The mind is trying to control the situation, keeping your mouth neutral, but whatever you just heard, the muscles around your eyes react positively, unconsciously, and these small muscles contract just as they would if your were naturally smiling.

In the above videos you find surprises.
I really don't like the idea of Jared Kushner having a big a role in this administration as he has, and I was assuming he was a typical ass kisser, ladder climber type character. But the body language read on him is that he is an extremely honest guy.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:09 am

This one is pretty good. Comey and Rogers under Gowdy's Gun
She pretty answers who did what

PLATA O PLOMO

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:51 pm

Just out--gosh, this woman loves her work!

"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:14 pm

Do you know what your sin is, Mr. Comey?

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:25 pm

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:Just out--gosh, this woman loves her work!

Yes, she does love her work.
What she brought out that jogged my mind is these meetings the Sr FBI staff had about these Comey Memos.
- They met, they discussed it, they discussed what to do with the information, they discussed if they should turn it over to the Justice Department, decided not to, then documented it and put it in a box.

So, for all those folks who are saying these are not official confidential documents............ youre crazy.
PLATA O PLOMO