Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Re: Preparing for Uncertainty and Self Reliance

Post by The Conservative » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:05 am

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:03 am
Thanks guys
I'm going to add a few to my house.
Make sure they are allowed. In Mass it's against the law to use rain barrels unless you get them from a certified distributer.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:00 am

The Conservative wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:05 am
C-Mag wrote:
Thanks guys
Make sure they are allowed. In Mass it's against the law to use rain barrels unless you get them from a certified distributer.
Wow, that sucks.

Not a problem here. I built a 34 x74 shop and didn't even get a permit. Have livestock, didn't ask a soul for permission. But I appreciate the warning.
PLATA O PLOMO

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:29 am

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:00 am
The Conservative wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:05 am
C-Mag wrote:
Thanks guys
Wow, that sucks.

Not a problem here. I built a 34 x74 shop and didn't even get a permit. Have livestock, didn't ask a soul for permission. But I appreciate the warning.
Yeah, it's basically because they don't want to be held accountable for "getting sick" by drinking rainwater :roll:
#NotOneRedCent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:47 am

In Oregon you can’t collect rainwater because it belongs to the State.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:54 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:47 am
Mass used to be like that till they got pushback for always claiming a drought.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:57 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:47 am
Trump repealed waters of America, which did that Nationally. I'm sure its coming back.

Did you read about the entire community that sprang up in Colorado that used only rain catchment for water ?

They took advantage of dirt cheap land by engineering enough rain collection to make the area livable. Govt shut them down, because they didnt own the water.
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:15 pm

SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:01 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:15 pm
Irish Democracy.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/strange-game-part-2
I'm in. (But I'm still wearing my dual "Obey" patches.)
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:41 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:15 pm
Irish Democracy.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/strange-game-part-2
I like the recommendations, Going Galt

Reduce your taxable footprint as much as possible, rendering as little to Caesar as possible. Spending less deprives them of sales tax.

Do home improvement projects yourself and buy supplies from local retailers, rather than big box mega-stores.

Don’t buy anything from Amazon. If you are still on Facebook or Twitter, depart for a platform that does not censor. Don’t use Google for searches. Cancel Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Boycott any organization pushing the BLM agenda or critical race theory.

Take a course or two at the local tech school in electrical, plumbing, or other practical skill, so you can do it yourself.

No matter how small your plot of land, learn to grow some food – the more the better. See if hydroponics is possible. Deny the mega-food industry your business.

Make friends with local farmers, source meat, eggs, corn, milk, etc. from them and pay in cash. The government cannot track the transaction.

If you need to utilize a contractor, landscaper, painter, etc. find a local guy and pay in cash. They often will give a discount and the government will not get their slice.

If your circumstances warrant, bartering with locals can satisfy the needs of both parties and keeps the government out of your business.

Only frequent small family-owned restaurants and always pay in cash, including the tip for your waitress. The government will absolutely get their slice if you pay using a credit card.

If you have money in a Wall Street bank, withdraw it and put it in credit union or small local bank.

Do not carry any credit card debt. Pay down your mortgage. Do not borrow to buy a new car. Buy a used car.

Reduce your driving, not to save the environment, but to deny the State gasoline taxes and toll revenue.

If possible, own some precious metals, in preparation for the inevitable collapse of the USD. Crypto currencies may also be a hedge but may be too risky for most people.

Learn how to communicate with allies using encrypted messaging.

Don’t wear a mask or get the experimental DNA altering jab. Ridicule those who do.

The IRS is a dysfunctional, understaffed, bureaucratic calamity of an organization. You are small potatoes. They don’t have the resources to check whether your return is accurate. If the Fed can print $4 trillion out of thin air, why do they need your taxes anyway. Act accordingly.

If you live in an urban area, and have the means, get the hell out, preferably to a rural area inhabited by like- minded people.

If you live in a blue state or blue county, and can do so, move to a red state or red county. As states raise income tax rates, move to states with little or no income taxes. PA governor Wolf just proposed increasing the state income tax by 46% to give my money to teachers’ unions. Florida is looking awfully inviting.

With federal, state and local taxes surely going to rise, if you are near retirement, and can afford to, just drop out now and stop paying income taxes.

As these Going Galt actions are sure to infuriate those wielding power, make sure you are armed, have firearms training, and have a sufficient supply of ammo. Be mentally prepared to defend your homestead.
PLATA O PLOMO