Preparing for Uncertainty and Self Reliance

Haumana

Re: Preparing for Uncertainty and Self Reliance

Post by Haumana » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:26 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:05 pm
I have 18 hens and 1 rooster.

About half are Black Astrolorps, the other half are Auricanas.

Their eggs are small right now, about banty size. The Astrolorps are dropping nearly robins egg blue eggs so far. The Auricanas a beige egg. Oh, and I have one older hen, a leghorn that's a pretty good layer, but is off right now.
Never heard of Astrolops. Auricanas, I assume are related to Ameraucanas. The brown one in the pic is one of those and she'll be our 3rd.

Our first chicken was a Rhode Island Red that became more of a pet. She made her nest on top of the dog kennel in our bedroom and would run down the hall clucking like crazy when she laid an egg. Straight to the fridge for a treat. She would peck top drawer for a grape or bottom drawer for some lunch meat. HAHAHA

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:29 pm

The ones that I was trying to get were a couple of Bielefelders. It didn't work out but I was really curious to find out about them as a breed.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:42 pm

Haumana wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:26 pm
C-Mag wrote:

Their eggs are small right now, about banty size. The Astrolorps are dropping nearly robins egg blue eggs so far. The Auricanas a beige egg. Oh, and I have one older hen, a leghorn that's a pretty good layer, but is off right now.
Never heard of Astrolops. Auricanas, I assume are related to Ameraucanas. The brown one in the pic is one of those and she'll be our 3rd.

Our first chicken was a Rhode Island Red that became more of a pet. She made her nest on top of the dog kennel in our bedroom and would run down the hall clucking like crazy when she laid an egg. Straight to the fridge for a treat. She would peck top drawer for a grape or bottom drawer for some lunch meat. HAHAHA
Good story.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:46 pm

Haumana wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:43 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:44 pm
Scott Adams is untouchable.
Another! He wasn't so sure but tested the waters and found out that he is. Others?
They’ve been going after Tim Pool; so far, he’s getting bigger & bigger. Styxhexenhammer666 is also giant and seems to be untouchable.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:05 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:42 pm
Haumana wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:26 pm
C-Mag wrote:

Good story.
She was infatuated with my wife. She would nap on our bed with her. A chicken, a few cats, two dogs and my wife all in the bed together. Hardwood floors for the win!

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:12 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:46 pm
Haumana wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:43 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:44 pm
Scott Adams is untouchable.
Another! He wasn't so sure but tested the waters and found out that he is. Others?
They’ve been going after Tim Pool; so far, he’s getting bigger & bigger. Styxhexenhammer666 is also giant and seems to be untouchable.
Yup! Matt Christensen has been carving out a nice little niche.

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:01 am

I wouldn't call them untouchable. They're more sedentary in their content. They're nonthreatening to the neoliberal movers and shakers. Anyone who attempts to do any sort of organized activism or speaking is put on the chopping block. If you stay in front of the webcam, you're practically invisible to them.

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:29 am

Interesting Twitter thread about Jordan Peterson and his daughter:
https://twitter.com/RationalDis/status/ ... 3807058948

She's married to a Stalinist, btw. Great job, dad.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:57 am

I hadn't heard of Austrolorps until a couple years ago.

https://www.thehappychickencoop.com/aus ... are-guide/
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:28 pm

It’s tomato time.
5D090510-0FE7-4A3E-921A-0EA9D4FEC8D5.jpeg
First batch of green beans and beets are ready too. Cucumbers maxed out at around 50lbs total. We will be eating pickles during the apocalypse.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0