Hanarchy Montanarchy

Re: Preparing for Uncertainty and Self Reliance

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:23 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:11 pm
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:03 pm
Fuck that noise.

Someone explain to me why I have one thyme plant that is thriving, and one that is totally fucked and dead? I love thyme, and I need more of it!
Fucked if I know. I had the same issue with Basil. Love that fresh Basil
I have two Carolina Jasmine as well... for aesthetics. In one corner of the yard - absolutely crushing it - twelve paces away, very meh results. Gardening is hard and stupid, and I am learning to understand why being good at gardening was considered a form of witchcraft.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:33 pm

Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:21 pm
TheReal_ND wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:15 pm
Fuck that noise.

Someone explain to me why I have one thyme plant that is thriving, and one that is totally fucked and dead? I love thyme, and I need more of it!
Nitrogen. Plant garlic near it and see what happened
Both are in a planter box, so there isn't a lot drainage... do I need the garlic to grow, or just die near the suffering plant?
Yes

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:43 pm

Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:23 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Fuck that noise.

I have two Carolina Jasmine as well... for aesthetics. In one corner of the yard - absolutely crushing it - twelve paces away, very meh results. Gardening is hard and stupid, and I am learning to understand why being good at gardening was considered a form of witchcraft.
Michael Bloomberg says it's easy and any idiot can do it. Just drop the seed in the dirt and cover it up.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:47 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:43 pm
C-Mag wrote:

Michael Bloomberg says it's easy and any idiot can do it. Just drop the seed in the dirt and cover it up.
I feel like you are trolling me, and let me tell you, it has worked, because I have never been more fired up and pissed about something I have read online.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:50 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:51 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:14 am
50lbs of seed potatoes are set out to bud.
100lbs of blood meal in the mail ($1/lb), and 400lb of composted manure secured (.02/lb)
50 lbs of seed potatoes...……….. You're going full on Irish sustenance there.

Tell me about Blood meal. What is your application rate, how do you use it ?
It’s dried blood from the slaughterhouse, and very high in nitrogen. That, and alkalinity have been my bane in this garden. Too much damn clay, and I’d have to mix in a dump truck of soil to really fix it.
I’ve been working it for about 5 years, and it’s improving slowly.

I worked out that I’ve got roughly 5,000 sq ft of garden, so that came to 100lbs of it. Planning to just spread it out along with the compost before I till.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:54 pm

Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:47 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:43 pm

I feel like you are trolling me, and let me tell you, it has worked, because I have never been more fired up and pissed about something I have read online.
:lol:
Not you...… The ignorance of Michael Bloomberg
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:57 pm

Basil and oregano have turned out to be really easy. Grapevines on the other hand are definitely not.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:58 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:50 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:51 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:14 am
50lbs of seed potatoes are set out to bud.
100lbs of blood meal in the mail ($1/lb), and 400lb of composted manure secured (.02/lb)
50 lbs of seed potatoes...……….. You're going full on Irish sustenance there.

Tell me about Blood meal. What is your application rate, how do you use it ?
It’s dried blood from the slaughterhouse, and very high in nitrogen. That, and alkalinity have been my bane in this garden. Too much damn clay, and I’d have to mix in a dump truck of soil to really fix it.
I’ve been working it for about 5 years, and it’s improving slowly.

I worked out that I’ve got roughly 5,000 sq ft of garden, so that came to 100lbs of it. Planning to just spread it out along with the compost before I till.
Cool. I might give it a try.

I got my tiller for my tractor. Did a little work on it so I could use it this Spring, but the price was right.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:03 pm

Gear box was filled with water.

I cleaned everything up and greased everything. It's an old Howard. New models of the same size are around $3000. I bought it from a neighbor when I was growing up. Well, he only wanted an afternoon drinking whiskey, but I bought him a half gallon of Crown anyway.

The tiller tines are pretty well shot. I will need to replace them. I'm glad I have it anyway. 48" of tilling in one pass.
PLATA O PLOMO

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:05 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:57 pm
Basil and oregano have turned out to be really easy. Grapevines on the other hand are definitely not.
I can grow mint without even trying... it is un-kill-able, except the bugs get at it, which, whatever, I don't use much mint.

Now, Rosemary... it is a weed, and people use it for landscaping, but I don't want it to take over, so I try to confine it, and it just dries up and dies. Fucking Rosemary - supposed to be the easiest damn herb around.
HAIL!

-Hwen