Preparing for Uncertainty and Self Reliance

Speaker to Animals

Re: Preparing for Uncertainty and Self Reliance

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:46 am

You cannot collect rainwater because your progressive forebears decided water was all socialized. I.e. all water is publicly owned, and you had to petition the state for water rights.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:02 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:46 am
You cannot collect rainwater because your progressive forebears decided water was all socialized. I.e. all water is publicly owned, and you had to petition the state for water rights.
Oh goody. Now do cottage food laws.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:03 pm

Oh, more deep blue state laws? Sure, genius..

I can collect rainwater here. The farmer's market is busy..

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:50 pm

Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:03 pm

Can’t sell shit in Deep Blue Ohio, without a special food license, and regular kitchen inspections.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:05 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:50 pm
Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:03 pm

Can’t sell shit in Deep Blue Ohio, without a special food license, and regular kitchen inspections.
I can sell all sorts of shit here no problem.

We have some weird restrictions like the one against raw milk, or as I have recently found all the red tape involved with harvesting ginseng you grew your damned self.

NC is a purple state, so we get some of that progressive AIDS here. Nothing like Ohio, and especially not like Illinois.

This shit is all progressivism. Find me somebody who wants to criminalize rainwater and stop people from drinking raw milk and I will show you a progressive. They have weird contradictions too, like refusing to vaccinate their children and causing disease outbreaks. Not sure if they really possess the faculties to see the contradictions there.

In general, in a deep blue state, growing weed to fuck up people's lives is A-OKAY. Collecting rainwater and selling milk... NOPE. The shit they want to criminalize they do so for public safety, even though those things have limited negative impact on the public. The shit they want to decriminalize they argue doesn't affect anybody else even though it obviously does.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:21 pm

I can sell any vegetables or fruits that I want, but if I make it into salsa/jelly/pickles, I’m an ‘illegal food distributor’. The laws are probably not very different in NC.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

brewster

Post by brewster » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:38 pm

Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:46 am
Far as I can tell, most states with collection laws are red or purple. A lot of it out west is to keep water flowing to the corporations that bought "dibs" based claims from the 19th century.
https://www.energy.gov/eere/femp/rainwa ... ations-map
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:22 pm

The water situation is pretty fluid right now.

Trump did a lot for personal rights when he repealed the Obama era Clean Water act. But it could return easily.

Here's a couple articles of abuses by the gov in the recent past
https://personalliberty.com/government-owns-water/
https://www.naturalnews.com/029286_rain ... water.html
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

brewster

Post by brewster » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:41 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:22 pm
Haha, good one! Fluid! But this is all just hysteria. Your link says "many states" then only cites 3. Even in Colorado, the most restrictive state, it's not as awful as you make out.
Law HB-1005 allows residential properties of a single house or multi-family residences with four units or less to collect rooftop rainwater up to 110 gallons for outdoor use only (landscape irrigation); in addition, residential properties that are supplied by a residential well can collect an unlimited amount of rainwater (roof collection only) for both indoor and outdoor uses; all other rainwater harvesting applications are not allowed under Colorado State law
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:43 pm

brewster wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:41 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:22 pm
Haha, good one! Fluid! But this is all just hysteria. Your link says "many states" then only cites 3. Even in Colorado, the most restrictive state, it's not as awful as you make out.
Law HB-1005 allows residential properties of a single house or multi-family residences with four units or less to collect rooftop rainwater up to 110 gallons for outdoor use only (landscape irrigation); in addition, residential properties that are supplied by a residential well can collect an unlimited amount of rainwater (roof collection only) for both indoor and outdoor uses; all other rainwater harvesting applications are not allowed under Colorado State law
Illegal to collect your own drinking water. But you can dump it back into your yard. That’s pretty blatantly in favor of bottled water companies.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace