Preparing for Uncertainty and Self Reliance

heydaralon

Re: Preparing for Uncertainty and Self Reliance

Post by heydaralon » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:34 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:30 pm
You guys would not believe the amount of licensing and regulations North Carolinians have to deal with in order to produce and sell ginseng.
Grow Venus flytraps motherfucker. Nobody fucks with ginseng except aging hippies. That shit is bad for you. When you make it into a tea and use lake water, it has diatoms in it, which are found in the lungs of drowning victims...
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:38 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:34 pm
You guys would not believe the amount of licensing and regulations North Carolinians have to deal with in order to produce and sell ginseng.
Grow Venus flytraps motherfucker. Nobody fucks with ginseng except aging hippies. That shit is bad for you. When you make it into a tea and use lake water, it has diatoms in it, which are found in the lungs of drowning victims...
Ginseng is a huge cash crop, dude. You don't even need to do much to the land. As long as you buy land covered in trees, you are golden.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:46 pm

Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:38 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:34 pm
Ginseng is a huge cash crop, dude. You don't even need to do much to the land. As long as you buy land covered in trees, you are golden.
You can grow it if you want, right after you get your Party issued ration card from the PRC. Maybe next sell some rhino horn potions (which actually do work. I drank some of that and had a hard on for over 18 hours). Just remember that diatoms are an algae and do not do well when they come in contact with lung tissue.
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:50 pm

Have to ask Fife about how to get through the state licensing paperwork to run a rhino farm.

Or maybe I should move out west and just run my rhinos for free on BLM land.

brewster

Post by brewster » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:53 pm

Isn't there like a one day season for harvesting wild ginseng, and a huge bootleg industry?

As for animal fats, my people traditionally go for chicken fat, or schmaltz. They used to put crocks of it on the table in kosher restaurants to spread on bread. It's the secret ingredient in great matzo balls and even Tamales. You fry the skin to render the fat, and then serve the crisp salty skin chunks called "gribenes".

BTW, McDs stopped using beef fat for fries decades ago. Sad.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:55 pm

brewster wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:53 pm
Isn't there like a one day season for harvesting wild ginseng, and a huge bootleg industry?

As for animal fats, my people traditionally go for chicken fat, or schmaltz. They used to put crocks of it on the table in kosher restaurants to spread on bread. It's the secret ingredient in great matzo balls and even Tamales. You fry the skin to render the fat, and then serve the crisp salty skin chunks called "gribenes".

BTW, McDs stopped using beef fat for fries decades ago. Sad.
There is a season. You need a license. I doubt there is anywhere you are allowed to do it. Maybe national parks. Hard to say.

Stealing ginseng from any property without written permission is a felony.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:01 pm

I've never had Schmaltz, but it sounds fucking lit. I love dark meat chicken, the thigh especially, when the skin just slides off the meat. I am more leery of saving chicken fat, because of salmonella and all that, but it is not a concept I'm against.
Shikata ga nai

brewster

Post by brewster » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:05 pm

Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:55 pm
Stealing ginseng from any property without written permission is a felony.
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/peop ... -survival/
According to plant population biologist James McGraw of West Virginia University, who has spent much of his career studying American ginseng, only about six percent of the ginseng harvested in this country complies with all laws about the age of the plant and when and where it was harvested.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

brewster

Post by brewster » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:10 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:01 pm
I've never had Schmaltz, but it sounds fucking lit. I love dark meat chicken, the thigh especially, when the skin just slides off the meat. I am more leery of saving chicken fat, because of salmonella and all that, but it is not a concept I'm against.
Pro tip: cooking kills Salmonella. My family eats a lot of dark meat too, since home is kosher and beef starts at like $10/lb. I love boneless thighs, and will use them in any recipe that calls for pork, last week I made "korean spare ribs" using boneless thighs cooked on a stovetop cast iron grill.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:33 pm

brewster wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:10 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:01 pm
Pro tip: cooking kills Salmonella. My family eats a lot of dark meat too, since home is kosher and beef starts at like $10/lb. I love boneless thighs, and will use them in any recipe that calls for pork, last week I made "korean spare ribs" using boneless thighs cooked on a stovetop cast iron grill.
In America,white people always turn their nose up at dark meat. Its fucking ridiculous. I have witnessed this firsthand many times. To me, breast meat is overpriced. You cannot do as much with it, because it gets dry and stringy when overcooked. Dark meat is better, and I am the only person I know who feels this way. I read an article years ago that said American poultry farms export thousands of tons of dark meat to Russia every year, because the American market for it is not as profitable, and dark meat is popular among Slavs. Its weird, because fatty shit is big in this country, but most Americans do not appreciate the best part of the chicken. I like breast meat, and will eat it, but it doesn't hold a candle to the thigh or drumstick.
Shikata ga nai