Would TV debates be more civil if everyone was pointing guns?

Fife

Re: Would TV debates be more civil if everyone was pointing guns?

Post by Fife » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:08 am

apeman wrote:We need to bring duels back.

Violence is too dangerous and important for any entity other than the state to manage and use. What did they teach you all up in those Yankee middle schools?

apeman

Post by apeman » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:19 am

Fife wrote:
apeman wrote:We need to bring duels back.

Violence is too dangerous and important for any entity other than the state to manage and use. What did they teach you all up in those Yankee middle schools?
IN Danielli Bolleli's history on fire -- in "The Duel" -- he also endorses (kinda) bringing duels back.

At most duels, no one died, sometimes they didnt even shoot at each other ("throwing their fire away"), but at least there was a custom to keep people from lying, besmirching, defrauding, tricking, etc. Gonna play those games? Well, duels provide a check and balance that our shit govt doesn't.

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:26 am

apeman wrote:
IN Danielli Bolleli's history on fire -- in "The Duel" -- he also endorses (kinda) bringing duels back.

At most duels, no one died, sometimes they didnt even shoot at each other ("throwing their fire away"), but at least there was a custom to keep people from lying, besmirching, defrauding, tricking, etc. Gonna play those games? Well, duels provide a check and balance that our shit govt doesn't.

(Only because I'm in the middle of Martyrmade right now... so good).
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

apeman

Post by apeman » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:51 am

Kazmyr wrote:
apeman wrote:

Nice

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:16 am

apeman wrote:
Kazmyr wrote:
apeman wrote:

Nice
Real question - is there ever possibility that such a kind of 'honor culture' could ever make a comeback?

There's no way that people these days from the current society could ever get by with just "their balls and their word," right? Or would this require some kind of large scale collapse of the current 'state' as we know it? (i.e. Society becomes more tribal, less national)
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

apeman

Post by apeman » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:08 am

Kazmyr wrote:Real question - is there ever possibility that such a kind of 'honor culture' could ever make a comeback?

There's no way that people these days from the current society could ever get by with just "their balls and their word," right? Or would this require some kind of large scale collapse of the current 'state' as we know it? (i.e. Society becomes more tribal, less national)
Yeah, hard to picture.

Maybe this is cart before the horse -- brings duels back, THEN move towards honor culture, not the other way around.

Make Duels Great Again.

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:12 pm

Kazmyr wrote:
apeman wrote:
Kazmyr wrote:

Nice
Real question - is there ever possibility that such a kind of 'honor culture' could ever make a comeback?

When there are more self proclaimed victims to the point that no one has the energy for them.

apeman

Post by apeman » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:16 pm

Hwen Hoshino wrote:When there are more self proclaimed victims to the point that no one has the energy for them.
Pretty soon then.

Women are today marching for that purpose all around the country.

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:59 pm

apeman wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:When there are more self proclaimed victims to the point that no one has the energy for them.
Pretty soon then.

Women are today marching for that purpose all around the country.
I am sure not all women or even most women.

apeman

Post by apeman » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:00 pm

No of course not, was hyperbolic