War Powers Act

C-Mag

War Powers Act

Post by C-Mag » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:29 pm

I tell ya, Trump is awesome for our Republic. He's been in office a month and already Congress wants to take back War Powers.
Twelve House Democrats and one Republican made the request in a letter, obtained by POLITICO on Tuesday. They also urged the president for a formal declaration of war against Daesh (ISIL) in Iraq and Syria.
“For too many years, Congress has ignored these ongoing wars,” the lawmakers wrote.
In addition, they asked Trump to revoke the 2001 resolution that allows the White House to declare war against those who are accused of carrying out the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.
“Our brave service members face countless dangers for our nation and we owe it to them to act on an [authorization for use of military force] without delay,” they wrote, arguing that the resolution “has served as a blank check for war.”
http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2017/02/21 ... war-powers

I don't know how these f-ing politicians even look at themselves in the mirror. For all these years when the Establishment took us to war willy nilly all of a sudden their concerned about military members and the presidents war power.
Last edited by C-Mag on Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Re: War Powers Act

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:38 pm

Awesome. :dance:
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:39 pm

Huh... but will it work? And once we declare a war, do we nuke them? What if Russia gets in the middle?

These are very dangerous games...
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:44 pm

Wait, what? War is risky, now?

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:45 pm

We just need to back up on Executive Powers we all know that.
We need to back up on powers of the Federal Government over average citizens too

There no sense in me worrying too much about if Trump will have too much power, after his power is checked by Congress.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:48 pm

Fife wrote:Wait, what? War is risky, now?

Yeah doggy, breaking news I guess. It's so damn crazy how they are treating this shit now. I'm glad they are willing to at least say that now. But come on, how honest are these people.
PLATA O PLOMO

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:48 pm

One of the most MAGA best case scenarios with Trump was always that the checks would get their shit together and do some balancing.

This is a damn good sign by my lights.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:51 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:One of the most MAGA best case scenarios with Trump was always that the checks would get their shit together and do some balancing.

This is a damn good sign by my lights.
Me too, it's what I hoped would happen. Other over reactions we need brought to a conclusion are.

1. Corporate Media just completely destroys themselves.
2. Trump gets pissed at Congress for not working with him and goes directly to the American public and get term limits instituted on all of Congress.
PLATA O PLOMO

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:59 pm

Early days yet.

Journalists have to prove themselves trustworthy while under assault already... there is every reason to think they will start doing their damn jobs again too.
HAIL!

-Hwen

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:00 pm

Hmmm, the benefits of the Trump admin that we said were possible only under Trump, and not under Clinton keep coming.

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751