Is Disney the biggest, whinniest fake liberal company out there?

Montegriffo

Re: Is Disney the biggest, whinniest fake liberal company out there?

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:03 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Does anyone even care about star wars anymore?
Oh yeah, love that captain Kirk......
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:08 pm

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:54 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Does anyone even care about star wars anymore?
Have you seen it's box office numbers?

atanamis wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:Where did i say that that in itself would bother me?
You really aren't making any coherent points at all, so we have to guess what you're talking about. You seem mad because your sports freak hero got made fun of by an entertainment news commentator on ESPN, a network aimed at people who fixate on games and soap operas played by the original "reality TV" stars, and because there were some women or minorities cast in movies that you feel should have had only stalwart white men showing how strong and authoritative they are. I've tried several times to figure out if you had any more coherent a point than that, but you've so far failed to make one.

I guess it is real sad for you that your sports star idols aren't immune to being made fun of and that you can't always be sure that your entertainment will compose solely of sexual assault by strong white men who know what the silly girl REALLY wants. Heck, Force Awakens for all the claims of PC casting doesn't even pass the Bechdel-Wallace test (there are no conversations between two women about anything other than a man, and really only one conversation between two female characters at all). This isn't to say that the test is meaningful, but rather to point out that in a world where it is strange for two women to talk to each other on screen we are still listening to misogynists like you complain that things are too PC.

Sorry man, I gave you every chance to make a point in this thread, but you dropped every one. You left us having to guess what it is that is bothering you, and if we are guessing wrong that's really on you for not communicating better what it is that you are upset about.
And Grumpy was an avatar of coherence?

You seem mad because your sports freak hero got made fun of by an entertainment news commentator on ESPN, a network aimed at people who fixate on games and soap operas played by the original "reality TV" stars, and because there were some women or minorities cast in movies that you feel should have had only stalwart white men showing how strong and authoritative they are.

Show me any evidence besides your own bs speculation.

I guess it is real sad for you that your sports star idols aren't immune to being made fun of and that you can't always be sure that your entertainment will compose solely of sexual assault by strong white men who know what the silly girl REALLY wants.

Where the fuck did i say such nonsense? Quote me.

Heck, Force Awakens for all the claims of PC casting doesn't even pass the Bechdel-Wallace test (there are no conversations between two women about anything other than a man, and really only one conversation between two female characters at all). This isn't to say that the test is meaningful, but rather to point out that in a world where it is strange for two women to talk to each other on screen we are still listening to misogynists like you complain that things are too PC.

Where the fuck did i say i that i supposedly hate women? It's a giant Sue and Disney made it clear they had an agenda before they took down the White House video in panic.

Sorry man, I gave you every chance to make a point in this thread, but you dropped every one. You left us having to guess what it is that is bothering you, and if we are guessing wrong that's really on you for not communicating better what it is that you are upset about.

You mean you jumped the gun in a direction you wanted to jump the gun?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:37 am

What White House video? Wtf are you talking about dammit?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:48 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:What White House video? Wtf are you talking about dammit?
I already gave you the link.

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Mon May 29, 2017 12:28 pm

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon May 29, 2017 5:41 pm

I guess men don't like watching women's soccer for most of the day, and when that's not on, hearing about how men are evil. Who knew?

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Tue May 30, 2017 12:27 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:

I guess men don't like watching women's soccer for most of the day, and when that's not on, hearing about how men are evil. Who knew?
Abby Warmback is a legit political nutbar.

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:38 am

Simmons has some Sj writers at the Ringer but thsi is interesting.

July 12 pod.

https://theringer.com/bill-simmons-podc ... .oe7npsvak

He does not think Undefeated and Fivethirtyeight makes any money for ESPN. He also says the head honcho strongly cares about social issues and the promotion of certain opinions.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:06 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:

Actually womens football is much better to watch than the mens game. Far fewer fouls and almost no diving so it flows far more smoothly without all the breaks in play that you get with the men. I'd rather watch the womens world cup than the mens.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.