A movie about 2 catapults in love...

Montegriffo

Re: A movie about 2 catapults in love...

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:14 pm

You need to record it and edit out the commercials. It is on the BBC so no adverts here and they would just ruin it. Honestly I laughed, was scared, was baffled and cried all in one episode tonight, Toby Jones plays evil like no one else. I genuinely hated him tonight.
Enjoy.......
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:39 am

Okeefenokee wrote:Breaking Bad is head and shoulders better than GoT.

Don't bother with GoT until you've watched BB

GoT covers up it's shortcomings with violence and tits. Take those two things away, and it's less than mediocre.
Now, but it was great for a longish time.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:07 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Talking of good TV programs. I just watched the second of this years three new Sherlock episodes.
First one was good, particularly as it involved someone smashing busts of Margaret Thatcher but I was slightly worried because it was sub par. Tonight's story blew my mind. I won't give away any spoilers but when it is shown over there do not miss it. Sherlock honestly is one of the best TV dramas ever. One left now then another year to wait but as each episode is an hour and a half it is like getting three feature films a year so I shouldn't complain.
Oh I absolutely love that show. It just takes forever to show up on Netflix or BBCA. :(

EDIT: Omg, Ep 1 and 2 are on tonight on PBS! You just made our week with this post. Well done, sir!
Did you get a chance to watch it yet?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:15 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Talking of good TV programs. I just watched the second of this years three new Sherlock episodes.
First one was good, particularly as it involved someone smashing busts of Margaret Thatcher but I was slightly worried because it was sub par. Tonight's story blew my mind. I won't give away any spoilers but when it is shown over there do not miss it. Sherlock honestly is one of the best TV dramas ever. One left now then another year to wait but as each episode is an hour and a half it is like getting three feature films a year so I shouldn't complain.
Oh I absolutely love that show. It just takes forever to show up on Netflix or BBCA. :(

EDIT: Omg, Ep 1 and 2 are on tonight on PBS! You just made our week with this post. Well done, sir!
Did you get a chance to watch it yet?
I did Ep1 last night - that was good stuff, but quite a few little plot holes. Whatever, it's still good. Just Steven Moffat fucking up another great show. :(
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:24 pm

The biggest hole being Mary's previous willingness to show the USB stick to Watson. She had claimed it was her history and had not mentioned the other agents on it.
Don't worry though, episode 2 more than makes up for it......

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:28 pm

Montegriffo wrote:The biggest hole being Mary's previous willingness to show the USB stick to Watson. She had claimed it was her history and had not mentioned the other agents on it.
That, and the vinyl seat thing was fucking dumb, and how did he send a 'prerecorded video' on Skype, and the secretary that made a bunch of money selling state secrets and got a nice house in Cornwall or something, but Sherlock sees that she lives in a little flat with cats, or the goddamn bullet-time jump in front of Sherlock, or the stupid ass tortured guy that decides NOT to shoot Sherlock for... reasons? or the Amo thing that never got resolved, or the fucking odds of sticking your special save-your-ass-USB in one of SIX fucking statues that will ever be sold from a secret terrorist hideout thing, or the damn government just NOT attempting to rescue an ambassador for 3 months, and sending in a 3rd-party contractor instead without knowing anything about them or meeting in person... I could go on. I fucking hate Moffat.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:39 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:The biggest hole being Mary's previous willingness to show the USB stick to Watson. She had claimed it was her history and had not mentioned the other agents on it.
That, and the vinyl seat thing was fucking dumb, and how did he send a 'prerecorded video' on Skype, and the secretary that made a bunch of money selling state secrets and got a nice house in Cornwall or something, but Sherlock sees that she lives in a little flat with cats, or the goddamn bullet-time jump in front of Sherlock, or the stupid ass tortured guy that decides NOT to shoot Sherlock for... reasons? or the Amo thing that never got resolved, or the fucking odds of sticking your special save-your-ass-USB in one of SIX fucking statues that will ever be sold from a secret terrorist hideout thing, or the damn government just NOT attempting to rescue an ambassador for 3 months, and sending in a 3rd-party contractor instead without knowing anything about them or meeting in person... I could go on. I fucking hate Moffat.
Vinyl seat story was just pointless, Maggie head smashing was great though. Made me imagine Smitty throwing beer cans at the TV. :lol: :lol:

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:54 pm

Montegriffo wrote:To be honest I am more likely to spend the time on "breaking bad" which I have never watched either.
WATCH IT ASAP.

If Walt was a trebuchet he would break the 400m barrier...
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:08 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:To be honest I am more likely to spend the time on "breaking bad" which I have never watched either.
WATCH IT ASAP.

If Walt was a trebuchet he would break the 400m barrier...
I watched one episode from the middle of series one and liked it enough to avoid the series until I get a box set and am able to watch it properly in order.
Another old series I have never even seen come on freeview TV is the follow up to "Brothers in Arms" about the Pacific war. If it is even half as good as BIA it will be worth buying as a box set.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:17 pm

Get you some Netflix, man. You won't leave your truck for a month.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace