Bilderberg Group casually mentioned in National Rerview

Hwen Hoshino

Re: Bilderberg Group casually mentioned in National Rerview

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:19 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:I don't know much about it.

Rich and powerful people trying to become more rich and powerful? Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

I know a lot of times when I hear about some insanely rich person, I've never heard of them, and I doubt that's unintentional. The people that try to affect the world in the open are the ones that need the support of a lot of people. The ones that do it in backrooms don't need any help.
How do they become more rich after a meeting.
The same way everyone else does. You get some people together, and you put together a plan, then you execute that plan, and the end result is the accomplishment of you goals. What's there to miss here?
What would these plans look like? How much money? How many participants?

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:19 pm

I've said too much.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:08 pm

Hwen Hoshino wrote:What would these plans look like? How much money? How many participants?
There is a list of most of the participants every year. Some of them clearly find these meetings useful or they wouldn't have any repeat attendees and they'd have trouble recruiting first time attendees if they didn't at least think that there was something to be gained from attending them. You can look up how much money the attendees make and find out which pies they have their fingers in. Beyond that I don't really have a clue what they discuss and that's the way they like it.
*yip*

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:40 pm

StCapps wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:What would these plans look like? How much money? How many participants?
There is a list of most of the participants every year. Some of them clearly find these meetings useful or they wouldn't have any repeat attendees and they'd have trouble recruiting first time attendees if they didn't at least think that there was something to be gained from attending them. You can look up how much money the attendees make and find out which pies they have their fingers in. Beyond that I don't really have a clue what they discuss and that's the way they like it.
What can they talk about that they cannot talk about at Davos?

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:51 pm

Why does it puzzle you so much for people to get together in a particular place?

Are you a bot that can't truly understand physical space?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:53 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:Why does it puzzle you so much for people to get together in a particular place?
Just the way it's covered in the press.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:00 pm

Hwen Hoshino wrote:What can they talk about that they cannot talk about at Davos?
Bilderberg is less transparent with the public about what they discuss and who attends the meetings than during Davos, but the biggest difference is the focus of the different meetings. It's basically just another brand of a Davos type meeting, except more secretive for whatever reason.

The attendees who admit to attending say that the off-record nature of the BIlderberg meetings leads to more candid discussions among attendees than more public forums. Another theory is that the public wouldn't like what they are discussing. Yet another theory is the steering committee invites influential people to attend the meeting to sell them on their agenda as being beneficial to all parties involved, and to benefit of their friends or at the expense of their enemies. Without being an insider or a fly on the wall, it's impossible to know what actually goes on during these meetings and this leads to increased speculation regarding Bilderberg in comparison to a Davos.
*yip*

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:40 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Nice. It's illuminating.

May I ask where you got this?

And can anyone tell me if there is a way for this Luddite to search for individual words?
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:54 pm

8pol. Could be made up but I doubt it because you can easily verify through a little research. It's an image so you would have to open it in an image editor and see if you can search the words through there.

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:56 pm

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:Why does it puzzle you so much for people to get together in a particular place?
Just the way it's covered in the press.
Makes me think of Stern Grove. Bunch of wealthy connected members who hold a private get together every year. It is very private, but the rumor mill says while it might have started as a nice dinner party, it's now an excuse to get drunk and party.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.