Any current Realnews.com, former Realnews.com fans?

Hwen Hoshino

Any current Realnews.com, former Realnews.com fans?

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:38 am

Or donors, any of them from around here?

adwinistrator

Re: Any current Realnews.com, former Realnews.com fans?

Post by adwinistrator » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:15 am

I did enjoy the site for a while for a few years, but I think I stopped going there because their focus was a bit too narrow at the time. I do remember once in a while and check out what articles and interviews they have.

Always thought they did a decent job of providing an outside perspective with journalistic integrity, but that their activist intentions end up legitimizing a bit of their journalistic credibility... Still a great source of commentary and discussion, as long as you have a larger scope of media to put their reporting into context with.

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:09 am

adwinistrator wrote:I did enjoy the site for a while for a few years, but I think I stopped going there because their focus was a bit too narrow at the time. I do remember once in a while and check out what articles and interviews they have.

Always thought they did a decent job of providing an outside perspective with journalistic integrity, but that their activist intentions end up legitimizing a bit of their journalistic credibility... Still a great source of commentary and discussion, as long as you have a larger scope of media to put their reporting into context with.
I stick to Foreign Policy. Dissapointed in the fact that Paul Jay is down with the Kulturkampf nonsense.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:37 pm

I stick with the BBC mostly, any media criticised by both the left and the right for being biased seems ok by me.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:59 pm

Montegriffo wrote:I stick with the BBC mostly, any media criticised by both the left and the right for being biased seems ok by me.
Don't they have a pro establishment bias? I would trust a source maintained by voluntary donations far more.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:02 am

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:I stick with the BBC mostly, any media criticised by both the left and the right for being biased seems ok by me.
Don't they have a pro establishment bias? I would trust a source maintained by voluntary donations far more.
Depends whether you listen to the right or the left. No commercials and ultimately ruled by parliament. That's why they are the best in the world at what they do.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:08 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Depends whether you listen to the right or the left. No commercials and ultimately ruled by parliament. That's why they are the best in the world at what they do.
I bet there are a ton of interesting issues and candidates i would never hear about if i only listen to them. Did they ever say really stupid shit on the Kulturekampf front?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:12 am

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote: Don't they have a pro establishment bias? I would trust a source maintained by voluntary donations far more.
I bet there are a ton of interesting issues and candidates i would never hear about if i only listen to them. Did they ever say really stupid shit on the Kulturekampf front?
That's why we have the MHF.

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:14 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Montegriffo wrote: Depends whether you listen to the right or the left. No commercials and ultimately ruled by parliament. That's why they are the best in the world at what they do.
That's why we have the MHF.
Masturbation Hillary Force? What is that?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:17 am

No, Mental Health Foundation.
No Hillary fans round here, all got chased off by the cowboys.