2nd Amendment Thread

Zlaxer

Re: 2nd Amendment Thread

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:13 am

You rights were lost when Commies stole the election and we did nothing.

The boot is about to come down hard....

The Court will not protect you...

Time to figure out how to survive and stay out of spotlight while praying for The Collapse.

The age of liberty is over - the age of the oligarchs is beginning.

Proles were really never meant for liberty anyways.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:37 pm

Swamp monsters tried to put Gun Control in the NDAA. Gun Owners of America sniffed it out and stopped it.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:32 pm

On January 6, 2021, Representative Morgan Griffith [R-VA9] has reintroduced “H.R. 225: To amend chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, to more comprehensively address the interstate transportation of firearms or ammunition”.
https://www.ammoland.com/2021/01/hr225- ... z6jSqn5Xy1
PLATA O PLOMO

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:14 pm

What are people's theories on gun ownership here , in regard to number/ammo diversity?

I picked two calibers I like, 9mm and .38, and went with that. The idea being that if I own five different guns of five different calibers buying ammo becomes exponentially expensive. Now, before you laugh at my bullet size, remember I have a wife and two daughters, and wanted to pick guns that they could use as well. In retrospect, I do wish I went with .357 instead of .38, but oh well.

Oh ... I also have a shotgun, of course ... the MAN's gun, that I had before getting married. Anyway, my strategy is "limit yourself to two calibers to keep ammo costs down, and supply chains simple". But ... I'm just an ex-soldier, not a gun enthusiast, so maybe there are better or competing strategies out there. You guys have any particular gun ownership strategies guiding your purchases?
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:33 pm

BLUF - Rounds on Target matter more than caliber.

As a journeyman gun nerd, I see nothing wrong with what you are doing. I have my own philosophies on this. And they somewhat mirror what you are doing.

I too have women in my life that are shooters and I have them lined up with lighter caliber bullets. My goal is to have a rifle and sidearm for every member of the family, with each rifle have a basic load X5 in ammo (1000 rnds min) and every pistol having 250 rnds. This is extensive, but if we get to the point where we are carrying weapons daily, it gives me barter opportunities and the ability for a little training if I have newbies. :ugeek:

12 ga Shotguns and 22 cal rifles are a must. Both are tremendously versatile. Remember 12 ga shells can be loaded with just about anything. So if you can't find slug or OO buck and want it, don't fret, pick up the bird shot. Be resourceful.

22 is the best training round of course, but also go squirell, bird and rabbit getter. Also, look into how the Israelis have been using Ruger 10/22's with silencers and sub sonic ammo for crowd control since the 80s. Spoiler: Palestinians who will walk through tear gas and rubber bullets run when they get a low velocity 22 in the gut or limbs.

Again, Rounds on Target matter. If that's grampy's 30-30 winchester, or the cheap mosin nagant or the old 870 wingmaster doesn't matter. Extensive study over 3 decades of police engagements has shown that it takes 2 hits from a pistol and 1 hit from a rifle to stop a person.

Get your 2 hits and carry on.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:34 pm

Oh, and 300,000 rounds of 9mm sold in 15 minutes.
https://freenorthcarolina.blogspot.com/ ... nutes.html

links not very good, loops back to twatter.
PLATA O PLOMO

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:03 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:14 pm
What are people's theories on gun ownership here , in regard to number/ammo diversity?

I picked two calibers I like, 9mm and .38, and went with that. The idea being that if I own five different guns of five different calibers buying ammo becomes exponentially expensive. Now, before you laugh at my bullet size, remember I have a wife and two daughters, and wanted to pick guns that they could use as well. In retrospect, I do wish I went with .357 instead of .38, but oh well.

Oh ... I also have a shotgun, of course ... the MAN's gun, that I had before getting married. Anyway, my strategy is "limit yourself to two calibers to keep ammo costs down, and supply chains simple". But ... I'm just an ex-soldier, not a gun enthusiast, so maybe there are better or competing strategies out there. You guys have any particular gun ownership strategies guiding your purchases?
I got my hands on a bullet press... that also my lower 80's showed up... so you know what my views are on this. I'm not waiting for the government to tell me guns are illegal, they will take them from my cold dead hands in that case. I said it before, and I mean it...

I will protect my family from any person, entity that goes against the whims of the constitution, and it if that means the government, so be it.

For me, a .22 will work fine on most, if you come at me with armor, well you better be protected in your brainpan, for my AR-15 will do what my 22 can't.
#NotOneRedCent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:40 pm

Yeah, I'm deficient on .22 and you guys make a good case for it. I actually have a .22 air rifle, of all things, that I used for in-city target practice back in the day. Good for varmint hunting. But No .22LR.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:44 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:03 pm
I got my hands on a bullet press... that also my lower 80's showed up... so you know what my views are on this. I'm not waiting for the government to tell me guns are illegal, they will take them from my cold dead hands in that case. I said it before, and I mean it...

The word in the gun world is the ATF has pulled all the sales records of 80% lowers, and that the Biden admin intends to use the ATF to make these illegal. We know the Biden Admin is hiring about 500 more ATF agents.

Be prepared for a visit from the ATF, and make sure you are covered legally.
PLATA O PLOMO

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:19 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:44 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:03 pm

The word in the gun world is the ATF has pulled all the sales records of 80% lowers, and that the Biden admin intends to use the ATF to make these illegal. We know the Biden Admin is hiring about 500 more ATF agents.

Be prepared for a visit from the ATF, and make sure you are covered legally.
Can't do shit to me until I put the 80 and the rest of the gun together. Until then they are not considered a gun. So by law and by all other aspects, I am 100% covered.
#NotOneRedCent