2nd Amendment Thread

Smitty-48

Re: 2nd Amendment Thread

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:10 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:02 pm

Yeah, but you get the cute little picture of a donkey on the 100 round clip.
It's not about the iron, it's all about the shooter, one shot one kill

Right through the medulla, dead before they hit the ground, like a strings cut marionette

The advantage of five-five-six is its precision accuracy, it's like a laser gun, right to the top lip, sayonara
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:53 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:10 pm
Montegriffo wrote:

Right through the medulla, dead before they hit the ground, like a strings cut marionette

The advantage of five-five-six is its precision accuracy, it's like a laser gun, right to the top lip, sayonara
Paul was showing me his .22 rounds last night as he was loading his rifle about to go out rat shooting in the sheds. He uses a round with tiny shot with a spread of a foot or more over close distances. Like a tiny shotgun but with even more spread because of the rifling. I hadn't seen that before.
Not great for hunting for meat but perfect for close-range pest control without doing too much damage to equipment in the sheds.
His black Lab' gets really excited when he sees the gun come out and starts shouting if you don't get a hurry on. :lol:
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:05 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:53 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

Paul was showing me his .22 rounds last night as he was loading his rifle about to go out rat shooting in the sheds. He uses a round with tiny shot with a spread of a foot or more over close distances. Like a tiny shotgun but with even more spread because of the rifling. I hadn't seen that before.
Not great for hunting for meat but perfect for close-range pest control without doing too much damage to equipment in the sheds.
His black Lab' gets really excited when he sees the gun come out and starts shouting if you don't get a hurry on. :lol:
I'm not expecting to need my firearms

I've reconfigured my kit for CBRN Reconnaissance, Clearance, Sensitive Sight Exploitation, Search & Rescue / Casualty Evacuation / Human Remains

Humanitarian Operations Other Than War.

My wife's closet is full of shoes, mine is full of all the kit I acquired over twenty years

To include in extremis full British Army IPE with S10 Respirator, canisters and decam mitts.

/Cold Warrior
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:02 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:05 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

I've reconfigured my kit for CBRN Reconnaissance, Clearance, Sensitive Sight Exploitation, Search & Rescue / Casualty Evacuation / Human Remains

My wife's closet is full of shoes, mine is full of all the kit I acquired over twenty years

To include in extremis full British Army IPE with S10 Respirator, canisters and decam mitts.

/Cold Warrior
To be honest, the thing I'm most concerned about is that with Mum's slow decline into dementia the next time I am able to go and see her she may not know who I am. I guess it was going to happen eventually anyway but it is hard to come to terms with.
Other than that I'm treating it as a damn good practice run for when the next really dangerous pandemic comes along. HM is safely locked away in Buck' house and it's not the Zombie apocalypse but the next one might be.
CO2 emissions are going to fall massively so every cloud has a silver lining.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:25 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:02 pm

To be honest, the thing I'm most concerned about is that with Mum's slow decline into dementia the next time I am able to go and see her she may not know who I am. I guess it was going to happen eventually anyway but it is hard to come to terms with.
Yeah, my Ma is 75 but she's sharp as a tack still

As a communist, she's all doom & gloom all the time, the pandemic hasn't actually raised her normal levels of doom & gloom, pretty much the same.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:42 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:25 pm
Montegriffo wrote:

As a communist, she's all doom & gloom all the time, the pandemic hasn't actually raised her normal levels of doom & gloom, pretty much the same.
Well, mine is still happy and a fine example of stoicism but she just can't remember anything. I must have explained that I wouldn't be able to visit for a while a dozen times and it still didn't sink in. Her fella is a real diamond though and ten years younger so I know she'll be looked after.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:44 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:42 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:25 pm
Montegriffo wrote:

Well, mine is still happy and a fine example of stoicism but she just can't remember anything. I must have explained that I wouldn't be able to visit for a while a dozen times and it still didn't sink in. Her fella is a real diamond though and ten years younger so I know she'll be looked after.
My mother is stoic, she doesn't make a fuss, she's just the Queen of Darkness.
Nec Aspera Terrent

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:53 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
I went through that with my mother. At the end, the best she could do is call me "the young one." The only blessing was that she only lived for about a month after moving from her retirement community to a nursing home. Some folks linger a lot longer.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:25 pm

de officiis wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:53 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
I went through that with my mother. At the end, the best she could do is call me "the young one." The only blessing was that she only lived for about a month after moving from her retirement community to a nursing home. Some folks linger a lot longer.
My sister was a bit shocked about a month ago when Mum asked her who her mother was.

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:19 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:05 pm
Montegriffo wrote:

/Cold Warrior
Other than that I'm treating it as a damn good practice run for when the next really dangerous pandemic comes along. HM is safely locked away in Buck' house and it's not the Zombie apocalypse but the next one might be.
CO2 emissions are going to fall massively so every cloud has a silver lining.
I'm sorry to hear about your mom, Monte. That's hard to deal with, I'm sure. I don't have a great relationship with my own parents, so they're the last thing on my mind right now. My dad has meth, so he'll be happy.