2nd Amendment Thread

Martin Hash

Re: 2nd Amendment Thread

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:22 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:18 am
Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:52 am
The question is: where did the victim grow up? Must not have been Texas.
I very much doubt they will get away with it even Texas. SYG from my understanding requires an affirmative defense that proves to a jury you were reasonably in fear for your life. The wife's video dispels that notion without a doubt.

In the 19th century that would have been justifiable, though. Not sure about today.

All of them were stupid as fuck.
For a guy who's always looking for implied obligations, you seem obtuse to the rules of civic interaction. Whether they "get away" with anything is irrelevant; a self-aware person in Texas knows that if a guy with a shotgun says, "take another step toward me and I'll kill you;" do NOT take that step. The Law don't mean shit.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:27 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:22 am
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:18 am
Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:52 am
The question is: where did the victim grow up? Must not have been Texas.
I very much doubt they will get away with it even Texas. SYG from my understanding requires an affirmative defense that proves to a jury you were reasonably in fear for your life. The wife's video dispels that notion without a doubt.

In the 19th century that would have been justifiable, though. Not sure about today.

All of them were stupid as fuck.
For a guy who's always looking for implied obligations, you seem obtuse to the rules of civic interaction. Whether they "get away" with anything is irrelevant; a self-aware person in Texas knows that if a guy with a shotgun says, "take another step toward me and I'll kill you;" do NOT take that step. The Law don't mean shit.

I agree with you that it was stupid.

I am saying that my understanding of SYG laws in most states is that you must prove your life was in danger. I do not believe a jury is going to watch that video and conclude either of these men's lives were in danger.

The deceased definitely threatened their lives. That was a crime. He wasn't innocent either. But just threatening to kill somebody is not going to sway most people, in my opinion. You actually have to add something else to make the threat manifest.

A knee-jerk reaction to dismiss stories like this as SYG mission accomplished will only accomplish SYG laws being taken off the books. I like SYG. I think you should have to prove your life was actually in danger, though.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:31 am

As I've said before, the Right of Violence overrules all laws. Those two rednecks don't care what the fucking law is, and neither will you when the situation arises. Laws are for women and weaklings.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:34 pm

SCOTUS Justice Paul Stevens (ret) admits in his memoir to his hatred for the 2nd Amendment and his activism to thwart the Heller decision.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2018113 ... r-decision
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:43 pm

:o :lol:

:clap:

'Very disturbing': Man tries buying guns outside police department's gun buyback program
WILKINSBURG, Pa. —
A man identified as an elected official faces a citation and potential fine after police said he tried to buy guns from people outside a suburban Pittsburgh police department's annual gun buyback program.

Wilkinsburg police said the man, identified as Michael Cornell, stood outside the buyback program doors trying to buy guns from those who were entering to turn in guns.

Police Chief Ophelia "Cookie" Coleman said he was not happy to learn that a Butler County constable was attempting to buy guns.

"That was very disturbing, and it was disturbing to the people that were in line, as well, because they were complaining about this person walking up to them, soliciting to purchase guns," Coleman said.

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:03 am

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:06 am

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:08 am

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:39 am

I never wanted a bump stock. But I'm against the Trumpian confiscation based on principle.

People ingeniously found a way around infringement of our God Given Rights, and they stepped on that ingenuity.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:24 pm

If there is going to be a retarded ban on automatic weapons, then there should be a ban on anything that attempts to skirt the spirit of that law.

Instead of fighting over some gimmick like a bump stock, fight over the fact that the government unconstitutionally abridged your second amendment with respect to full-auto.