The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

Smitty-48

Re: The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:30 pm

I signed the contract of unlimited liability and took the Queen's Schilling, but I never sold my soul therein.

I have been indoctrinated to mass murder for the state, close with and destroy.

Never the less only within the confines of national and international law and the laws of armed conflict.

Professional Soldier.

Lawful Warfighter.

Just Cause.

Aspiring to be a man of honor who holds to his oaths unto death as necessary.

Bearing true faith and allegiance, so help me God.

I care not for the opinions of those who do not respect that, I only seek the respect of my peers.
Nec Aspera Terrent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:17 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:30 pm
I signed the contract of unlimited liability and took the Queen's Schilling, but I never sold my soul therein.

I have been indoctrinated to mass murder for the state, close with and destroy.

Never the less only within the confines of national and international law and the laws of armed conflict.

Professional Soldier.

Lawful Warfighter.

Just Cause.

Aspiring to be a man of honor who holds to his oaths unto death as necessary.

Bearing true faith and allegiance, so help me God.

I care not for the opinions of those who do not respect that, I only seek the respect of my peers.
The problem with "Just Cause" is that the "Just Cause" is one-sided. You fight a fight because you are told it's just. You don't ask why you do. If you ask why you aren't there for long. Al'Queda thinks they are fighting for a just cause, you think you fought for one, so who's right? it's all based on personal views of the world at the time, and your way of life.

You think you aren't selling your soul, but your actions or lack of actions are exactly that, selling your soul...

You can play the high and mighty solder that only answers to god for their actions, but in reality, you are nothing more than a pawn that was allowed to believe they kept their morals...

The minute you kill someone or did something that leads to a person's death, you lost all right to preach to anyone about being moral.

Again, god is a manmade creature, a being of superior power to keep from having to blame yourself or others for their actions which are "just" in your eyes. "God" is a crutch for the faithful, the person walking down the street, a soldier, and all others walking this earth so they can sin or do evil without feeling they are doing it. As long as it's "just" or "good" in their mind, "god" will forgive...

Sorry, but I call a strong helping of BULLSHIT here.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:46 am

:shifty: What just happened here...
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:24 am

The Conservative wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:17 am
In the military I served in, we followed the Christian values of Britain and America.

Queen Elizabeth II was after all the Commander-in-Chief. She's a God fearing lady.

I mean, you didn't have to believe in God, but the regiment prays, the regiment goes to church. Led by the Padre.
Nec Aspera Terrent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:32 am

I mean.. one minute I’m getting run off the rail for hating soldiers, then TC picks up my entire argument and runs with it. This is like watching a dead project spring to life.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:40 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:24 am
The Conservative wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:17 am
In the military I served in, we followed the Christian values of Britain and America.

Queen Elizabeth II was after all the Commander-in-Chief. She's a God fearing lady.

I mean, you didn't have to believe in God, but the regiment prays, the regiment goes to church. Led by the Padre.
You were protected by repercussions of your actions, you may claim it was "just" or "justified" but in reality, it was only one side that agreed it was.

When you had to pull the trigger, did you worry that you were killing a father, a brother, an Uncle to someone? Someone who was fighting for a reason they believed was just? What right do you have to say that your reason is more just than theirs?

When you bring god into a debate or an action of any sort, you are already losing, because to believe in god, you have to believe your actions are not entirely your own, and that "god" accepts what you do for the "greater good."

Do you know who decided what is the greater good? The winners.

The only reason you are able to say it was for "the greater good." is because the enemy that you "justly" vanquished can't argue their case.

This is why we don't give credence of sanity to Jihadists, they believe they are doing what they are doing is right because of their religion. You can't argue or debate religion to a zealot. At the same time to believe a powerful being in the sky gives you the right to do something is also ludicrous.

As I've said before, religion is a crutch. You can't tell me it's not, it gives people the "right" to do something when in reality it's just an excuse to do bad.

"God told me it was ok, it's written in 'X".

Seriously?

You are going to justify your actions as just, and because of some religious entity, because of a holy book and belief system?

Sorry, every religious document, book, etc were written by man, and man is fallible, so in turn, the books and the entire belief system were written by someone that had their own opinion, is also fallible.

Tell me I'm wrong all you want, but god only is alive because people are fools.
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:42 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:32 am
I mean.. one minute I’m getting run off the rail for hating soldiers, then TC picks up my entire argument and runs with it. This is like watching a dead project spring to life.
Because I'm not hating soldiers, I am not agreeing with people using "religious belief" as a way to justify their actions of murder, etc.
#NotOneRedCent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:45 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:40 pm
I said it was unlawful, and that professionals like Army Delta would refuse to do it.

Whether its wrong in an ultimate sense, that's a question of conscience.

I personally would decline an unlawful order to liquidate bystanders.

I don't know if I would make a federal case about it in a war zone, but I personally, and whatever callsgin was under my command, would decline the order, and request to speak to higher for confirmation that such an order was coming down from on high.
Nec Aspera Terrent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:57 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:45 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:40 pm
I said it was unlawful, and that professionals like Army Delta would refuse to do it.

Whether its wrong in an ultimate sense, that's a question of conscience.

I personally would decline an unlawful order to liquidate bystanders.

I don't know if I would make a federal case about it in a war zone, but I personally, and whatever callsgin was under my command, would decline the order, and request to speak to higher for confirmation that such an order was coming down from on high.
What makes you judge of if it's unlawful? You give an enemy a way out, if they take it, but refuse to lay down arms in doing so, they are not POW but enemy combatants, and shall remain so until their last dying breath.

They would give you less of a chance to live than that if given the opportunity, I don't understand why people here can't see that?

This is why we will never win in the middle east...
#NotOneRedCent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:03 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:57 pm
What makes you judge of if it's unlawful?

I took my Infantry Section Commander Course at a young age. I was still a Private Soldier, 19 years old.

Usually Privates didn't get to take this course.

The battleschool commander actually field promoted me to Corporal for the duration.

The course I took was hardcore, not just tactically, in all aspects of soldiering

To include ethical conduct, to include the laws of armed conflict

Anyways, 94 men started the course, 14 passed, I was 14th of 14.

On the grad parade, the commander stopped and spoke to me when they were handing out the tabs.

He says "you're in a very exclusive club, Private Smith."

I says "why's that, sir?"

"You passed ISCC at 19 years old, that ties you with a handful who are the youngest to ever pass the course"

I take pride in that. I still try to maintain that standard now.

It's about loyalty. God. Queen. Country.
Nec Aspera Terrent