Re: The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:59 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:57 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:11 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:16 pm

LOL, I can help you out if you want a good area to live in, or stay away from...
Nothing's imminent, my wife is not quitting the job she has right now, they just gave her a big raise.

She's just looking at what the market is like, because she has actually been considering Boston for awhile.

She might actually just get promoted to Boston, because the company she works for now has its US office there.

This is how she got to know Boston, because she travels back and forth for meetings.
Don't live in Boston. Trust me, it's not a place you'd want to live in.
I can have a good time anywhere, I've been to Boston, it's not more annoying than Toronto.

Canada is a small c communist country, the most lefty wefty places in America are like Dixie in comparison,
Nec Aspera Terrent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:01 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:59 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:11 pm

Nothing's imminent, my wife is not quitting the job she has right now, they just gave her a big raise.

She's just looking at what the market is like, because she has actually been considering Boston for awhile.

She might actually just get promoted to Boston, because the company she works for now has its US office there.

This is how she got to know Boston, because she travels back and forth for meetings.
I can have a good time anywhere, I've been to Boston, it's not more annoying than Toronto.
Except everything is 25% more expensive in Boston. Having fun isn't the issue. To live in Boston a salary of 120+ a year is required for ”just getting by”
#NotOneRedCent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:06 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:01 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

Except everything is 25% more expensive in Boston. Having fun isn't the issue. To live in Boston a salary of 120+ a year is required for ”just getting by”
Canada is way more expensive, the most expensive places in America are cheap by Canadian standards.

Plus I have money, and so does my wife, we can afford it.

I own a lot of capital, my wife makes way more than 120.

Boston is not more pricey than Toronto, median house price in Boston is $592K, Toronto is $1.2 million.
Nec Aspera Terrent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:32 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:06 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

Canada is way more expensive, the most expensive places in America are cheap by Canadian standards.

Boston is not more pricey than Toronto, median house price in Boston is $592K, Toronto is $1.2 million.
Umm, don't know where you are looking. But any place worth buying in Boston Proper that isn't a slum is 7 figures easy.

550 and you are on the borders of the city and slums.
#NotOneRedCent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:36 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:32 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

Umm, don't know where you are looking. But any place worth buying in Boston Proper that isn't a slum is 7 figures easy.

I said median, that means the middle price, the middle price in Toronto is almost twice as much.

Don't worry TC, we can afford it, worry about yourself, me and my wife are fine.

We already have fully detached large property here, in Boston we would just go for a condo.

I could take it up to a million dollar condo if I like the place. Millennium Towers, with all the feexins.
Nec Aspera Terrent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:59 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:36 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

I said median, that means the middle price, the middle price in Toronto is almost twice as much.

Don't worry TC, we can afford it, worry about yourself, me and my wife are fine.

We already have fully detached large property here, in Boston we would just go for a condo.

I could take it up to a million dollar condo if I like the place. Millennium Towers, with all the feexins.
I know the place it is an up and coming place, just be ready to deal with the vagrants that stay near the train station entrances, quite a few are fakers, but that is another story all together. Police won't do anything about them... that being said, the big problem in the area is that congestion of population during the Hockey, and Basketball seasons, and if any team wins... fucking hell, stay home....

Unless you are used to living in congested places, Boston will be great to live in. If you need space, you are miles away from a green area.

As for worrying about my wife and son, why do you think I have been working on my book? I'm up to 150K words, 22 chapters, and I'm finding myself going to be done in probably a month or so ready to push to a publisher. I got my life in order, I'm just warning you about some parts of Boston...

If you can afford a million dollars for a house, then live outside of Boston near quick travel near a train station, you'll save yourself money big time.
Last edited by The Conservative on Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#NotOneRedCent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:03 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:59 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

I know the place it is an up and coming place, just be ready to deal with the vagrants that stay near the train station entrances, quite a few are fakers, but that is another story all together. Police won't do anything about them... that being said, the big problem in the area is that congestion of population during the Hockey, and Basketball seasons, and if any team wins... fucking hell, stay home....

Unless you are used to living in congested places, Boston will be great to live in. If you need space, you are miles away from a green area.
I don't want to move to Boston, but it's the only place my wife is willing to go right now, and it's the place she could make a lot of money.

Toronto is a bigger city, more expensive, more congested, and I grew up in the hood, I'm a big city kid, TC, don't worry.
Nec Aspera Terrent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:04 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:03 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

I don't want to move to Boston, but it's the only place my wife is willing to go right now, and it's the place she could make a lot of money.

Toronto is a bigger city, more expensive, more congested, and I grew up in the hood, I'm a big city kid, TC, don't worry.
How about her?
#NotOneRedCent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:08 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:04 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

How about her?
She likes Boston way more than I do, but she has lived in Toronto, so she's big city too.

We just moved out here to the countryside to get a much bigger property and nicer house for our buck, but we're not country bumpkins, she's downtown corporate, I'm downtown hood, we'd be fine.

Bear in mind TC, I used to roll in New York City back when it was rough, cities are not nearly as rough now as when I was growing up. When I was rolling around Yankee Stadium in the Bronx, it was Fort Apache The Bronx, now the South Bronx is full of luxury condos.

My wife travels for business, she goes to Europe by herself, London, Paris, Antwerp, Frankfurt, she's a jet setter, she's in out of America as well, New York, Chicago, Boston, Westerly, Indianapolis, Raleigh, Greensboro, she's been all over. My wife looks girly, but on the inside, she's tough, smart and independent; Dorothy Gale.
Nec Aspera Terrent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:08 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:08 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:04 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:

How about her?
She likes Boston way more than I do, but she has lived in Toronto, so she's big city too.

We just moved out here to the countryside to get a much bigger property and nicer house for our buck, but we're not country bumpkins, she's downtown corporate, I'm downtown hood, we'd be fine.

Bear in mind TC, I used to roll in New York City back when it was rough, cities are not nearly as rough now as when I was growing up. When I was rolling around Yankee Stadium in the Bronx, it was Fort Apache The Bronx, now the South Bronx is full of luxury condos.

My wife travels for business, she goes to Europe by herself, London, Paris, Antwerp, Frankfurt, she's a jet setter, she's in out of America as well, New York, Chicago, Boston, Westerly, Indianapolis, Raleigh, Greensboro, she's been all over. My wife looks girly, but on the inside, she's tough, smart and independent; Dorothy Gale.
I just can't imagine living in a city if you had a choice to live someplace that wasn't like you are literally living in expensive hamster cages stacked.
#NotOneRedCent