The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

StCapps

Re: The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

Post by StCapps » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:17 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:15 pm
Even the fucking Serbs can shoot down a stealth fighter. It was always a gimmick.
They shot it down, because they flew the same route, if you go down the same path every time, stealth doesn't mean shit once the enemy catches on.

Simple solution, don't do that. The problem wasn't the stealth.
*yip*

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:26 pm

StA doesn't know shit about fighters. He's just like, "oh what's the thing with the biggest number that makes it look cool."

I get it. Dick waving and all. The fact is though he's been dick waving about a finished product against a multi role prototype.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:31 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:26 pm
StA doesn't know shit about fighters. He's just like, "oh what's the thing with the biggest number that makes it look cool."

I get it. Dick waving and all. The fact is though he's been dick waving about a finished product against a multi role prototype.
POGO, Mother Jones and Rand Corporation talking points is all he's got. Sad.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:35 pm

StCapps wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:17 pm
Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:15 pm
Even the fucking Serbs can shoot down a stealth fighter. It was always a gimmick.
They shot it down, because they flew the same route, if you go down the same path every time, stealth doesn't mean shit once the enemy catches on.

Simple solution, don't do that. The problem wasn't the stealth.
That is untrue. Stop making shit up.

They shot it down by modding their Russian air defense system to use low-band radar.

As conceived, you cannot design a stealth aircraft with an ultra low RCS for every bandwidth. The angle of reflection depends as much on the bandwidth of the signal as the geometry of the target.

It is just a gimmick, dude. Most aircraft radar is going to be microwave, so it should work against other aircraft for now. But the Russians and Chinese are obviously incorporating low-band radar i to their air defense systems now. LOL are you really this naive or do you just know fuck all about this topic?

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:42 pm

Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:35 pm
LOL are you really this naive or do you just know fuck all about this topic?
Ask yourself that question before you go pointing fingers at others. You got nothing, just "ZOMG the Serbs shot down a stealth aircraft this one time, therefore it's just a gimmick" bullshit and other lame talking points from clearly dubious sources.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:45 pm

StCapps wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:42 pm
Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:35 pm
LOL are you really this naive or do you just know fuck all about this topic?
Ask yourself that question before you go pointing fingers at others. You got nothing, just "ZOMG the Serbs shot down a stealth aircraft this one time, therefore it's just a gimmick" bullshit and other lame talking points from clearly dubious sources.
The questions you should ask yourself involve: how the fuck does "stealth" even work. Once you answer that question you will realize that it is essentially a gimmick. For now, it is useful against other aircraft, but that is about it.

And stop cutting out the informative parts of my posts that prove you have no fucking clue what you are arguing you fucking yardie.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:47 pm

Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:45 pm
And stop cutting out the informative parts of my posts that prove you have no fucking clue what you are arguing you fucking yardie.
I'll do as I please. You don't have informative parts of your posts on this topic anyway, you just think you do.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:50 pm

StCapps wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:47 pm
Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:45 pm
I'll do as I please. You don't have informative parts of your posts on this topic anyway, you just think you do.
I have tried to explain to you how shit actually works. You just cut those parts out of posts and reply to a few sentences of mine with insults.

You obviously are out of your depth here.

Speed and range are far, far more important than stealth.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:52 pm

And Japan just lost one F-35 because single engine aircraft and the ocean are a fucking stupid combination.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:55 pm

Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:50 pm
Speed and range are far, far more important than stealth.
For unmanned recon space planes, sure, not for manned fighter/bombers. Completely different role, apples and oranges.
*yip*