The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

Speaker to Animals

Re: The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:20 am

You assume they knew what was happening. If CAS engages automatically for no good reason and suddenly pitches down, the aircrew may have few clues as to what was going on, and only seconds to figure it out.

If this report is true, we are looking at a really, really bad defect that should have been caught in years of testing before this airframe went to market. There is no telling what else is fucked if something like this sailed straight through testing.

Bail.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:23 am

Boeing has been on such a run up since 2016, its gonna have to fall a heck of a lot further before it's a steal.

Three years ago it was $135, now it's over $300.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:24 am

Trading at 21 times earnings too. I bet it's going to lose a few points Monday morning.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:28 am

I'm wary of buying anything that isn't hugely discounted, because of QE, all these prices are artificially inflated.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:36 am

All depends when you bought Boeing, if you bought it in 2009, then it might be a good time to take your profits, since you're up over a 1000% in a decade.
Nec Aspera Terrent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:29 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:20 am
You assume they knew what was happening. If CAS engages automatically for no good reason and suddenly pitches down, the aircrew may have few clues as to what was going on, and only seconds to figure it out.

If this report is true, we are looking at a really, really bad defect that should have been caught in years of testing before this airframe went to market. There is no telling what else is fucked if something like this sailed straight through testing.

Bail.
If, a lot is holding onto the word there...

The point is that there was a way to disable the system... I still stand by my statement that both airplanes have crashed belonged to the same country... I think there is more to do with that than the Auto Pilot failures...
#NotOneRedCent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:37 am

Boeing is about as too big to fail as too big to fail gets.

Just on the defense contractor role, it's guaranteed to be bailed out in the event of bankruptcy.

Even in the event of a depression, Boeing will still get bailed out. National Security.

All that matters is what price could you get it for.

Bear in mind, $30-$40 a share not too long ago, I would love to see it crash down to there, but I don't expect it.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:33 am

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:35 am

The Conservative wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:29 am

Bail.

The point is that there was a way to disable the system... I still stand by my statement that both airplanes have crashed belonged to the same country... I think there is more to do with that than the Auto Pilot failures...

It is a really fucking bad situation for Boeing if the automated flight control system kicks in without warning and for no valid reason, and then pitches the plane nose down, causing two plane crashes.

Bail.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:39 am

Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:35 am
The Conservative wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:29 am

Bail.

It is a really fucking bad situation for Boeing if the automated flight control system kicks in without warning and for no valid reason, and then pitches the plane nose down, causing two plane crashes.

Bail.

How many of these airplanes are in use with this feature, and where else has this been an issue?
#NotOneRedCent