The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

heydaralon

Re: The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

Post by heydaralon » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:23 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:05 pm
Serious respect

Imagine being able to hit a 50 pound dog at almost 1400 yds
I saw a youtube video where this guy was shooting coyotes and had some kind of thermal vision scope. It was pretty crazy. In this video he shot like 25+ of them. I didn't realize how plentiful they were out west. There were packs of 6 of them just chilling around his cattle. Do you think if this rancher caught a coyote puppy he could train it the same way you can train a dog? I have heard that people have managed to tame foxes, but I've never heard of that happening with coyotes.
Shikata ga nai

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:57 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Serious respect

They do this for "fun"... now imagine what would happen if they were pissed off? This is the truest definition of "You can run, but you'll die tired."

That's cool either way... and yes, mad props to them.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:05 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:23 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Serious respect

I saw a youtube video where this guy was shooting coyotes and had some kind of thermal vision scope. It was pretty crazy. In this video he shot like 25+ of them. I didn't realize how plentiful they were out west. There were packs of 6 of them just chilling around his cattle. Do you think if this rancher caught a coyote puppy he could train it the same way you can train a dog? I have heard that people have managed to tame foxes, but I've never heard of that happening with coyotes.
Yes, there are a lot of them. In 1982, me and my 3 brothers shot, trapped and ran down 110 of them. That was our best year. They are one of the hardest things to kill, on the run they are ridiculously hard. You've got no more than a 12 inch area to hit them, and they run at 35 mph.

I've never heard of anyone raising or training one.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:10 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:57 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Serious respect

They do this for "fun"... now imagine what would happen if they were pissed off? This is the truest definition of "You can run, but you'll die tired."

Yeah, kind of scary isn't it...………... and there's a lot of guys all over the west that shooting, reloading and gunsmithing is their passion. I'm not a long range shooter, never was that great, and as I age a little it gets worse. But for a lot of these hillbillies 6-800 yard shots are common place. Personally I think they are as good as any sniper in the world.
PLATA O PLOMO

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:40 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:10 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:57 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Serious respect

Yeah, kind of scary isn't it...………... and there's a lot of guys all over the west that shooting, reloading and gunsmithing is their passion. I'm not a long range shooter, never was that great, and as I age a little it gets worse. But for a lot of these hillbillies 6-800 yard shots are common place. Personally I think they are as good as any sniper in the world.
Yeah, this is without "training"... give them military training and you'd see the longest sniper distance blown away...

The mid-west is one of those regions if all goes to hell, probably will be the least effected.
#NotOneRedCent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:52 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:05 pm
heydaralon wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Serious respect

Yes, there are a lot of them. In 1982, me and my 3 brothers shot, trapped and ran down 110 of them. That was our best year. They are one of the hardest things to kill, on the run they are ridiculously hard. You've got no more than a 12 inch area to hit them, and they run at 35 mph.

Dumb question: Can you eat the coyote meat? I know people save their hides, but I've never heard of people eating them. Is that something mountainmen out west do?
Shikata ga nai

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:04 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:52 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:05 pm
heydaralon wrote:

Dumb question: Can you eat the coyote meat? I know people save their hides, but I've never heard of people eating them. Is that something mountainmen out west do?
If you are hungry... yup.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:41 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:52 pm

YOU CAN, me, I have 2 words for you Fuck and You.

I've eaten domestic dog, and it sucks, can't imagine how bad a stinky coyote would taste. Steven Rinella eats one here. Says its not bad. I think he's stupid.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:47 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:40 pm

Yeah, this is without "training"... give them military training and you'd see the longest sniper distance blown away...

The mid-west is one of those regions if all goes to hell, probably will be the least effected.
It's said that a native rifleman in hilly terrain cannot be defeated by military experts, there is a reason for that. Their training is life long. For example, hunting coyotes like that kind of sucks. You are out in the winter, long hours, laying in snow, waiting for a shot.

I do think the Midwest, JWRs redoubt, areas of Appalachia would do very well. Along with some other areas.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:24 pm

The United States does not have a gun problem, by the way. The firearm homicide rate in the US seems very high for a developed nation, but that’s until you look under (in?) the hood.

The firearm homicide rate for white Americans is 1.7 per 100,000, which is identical to the Czech Republic and lower than countries like Canada, France, and Austria.

The firearm homicide rate for Hispanics in the United States is 6.4 per 100,000, or nearly four times that of white Americans. The firearm homicide rate for blacks in the US is 19.8 per 100,000, or eleven-and-a-half times that of whites.

This is very obviously not a gun problem, but a people problem. Latin Americans and African Americans are special and different.
PLATA O PLOMO