The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

Fife

Re: The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

Post by Fife » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:27 pm

Yeah, you're not getting a break from the DA because you had the 870 loaded up with funny stuff instead of 00-buck.

It's still an 870, and that mean motor scooter is going to be Exhibit A sitting right in front of the jury for the whole trial.

Better judged by 12 than carried by 6.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:30 pm

Fife wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:27 pm
Yeah, you're not getting a break from the DA because you had the 870 loaded up with funny stuff instead of 00-buck.

It's still an 870, and that mean motor scooter is going to be Exhibit A sitting right in front of the jury for the whole trial.

Better judged by 12 than carried by 6.
Hmmmmmmmmm………………… OK, you guys have given me something to think about.

How did you know mine was a 870 :?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:34 pm

I know good and well you wouldn't be toting around any of those faggoty I-talian shotguns.

:goteam: :drunk:

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:41 pm

Fife wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:34 pm
I know good and well you wouldn't be toting around any of those faggoty I-talian shotguns.

:goteam: :drunk:
:lol:
Remington, Winchester, Browning, Ruger, Marlin, etc. too many good guns to mess with that shit.
Though the Europeans do make oustanding Trap shooting guns. I shot a Belgian made Browning BT-99 in Trap league and man I shot good with that thing.
PLATA O PLOMO

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:57 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:17 am
heydaralon wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:39 pm
I have been trying to get into more outdoor stuff lately. I got a book on Florida plants and have been trying to learn which ones are edible. I also did some canoeing and hiking. There are quite a few parks within an hour from me, which I am grateful for. I used to whittle, and I started that again too. I am dipping my toes into the outdoors. I have a sleeping bag and an old tent, so once I get a few days off in a row I'm gonna do some cold weather camping. Well, cold weather for Florida.
Not to be an Ass...................... OK, I'm an Ass.
MORE DOING.................. LESS THINKING ABOUT DOING.

Folks like us who inhabit the strange universe known as MHF often do too much thinking about doing stuff to get it right and not enough time doing it, failing, learning from failure and making things right.

The best trainer is experience. We will fail sometimes and succeed sometimes. But it's the best way to gain knowledge.
You are right, and I am very guilty of over analyzing stuff. This is a good place to ask about outdoors skills and tips though, so I try to take advantage of that fact.
Shikata ga nai

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:09 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:57 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:17 am

Not to be an Ass...................... OK, I'm an Ass.
MORE DOING.................. LESS THINKING ABOUT DOING.

Folks like us who inhabit the strange universe known as MHF often do too much thinking about doing stuff to get it right and not enough time doing it, failing, learning from failure and making things right.

The best trainer is experience. We will fail sometimes and succeed sometimes. But it's the best way to gain knowledge.
You are right, and I am very guilty of over analyzing stuff. This is a good place to ask about outdoors skills and tips though, so I try to take advantage of that fact.
Just paying it forward. I have my own battles with the same, Analysis Paralysis. Good friends kick me in the ass from time to time.
PLATA O PLOMO

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:52 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:26 am
C-Mag wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:13 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:05 pm
I’d like to take up hunting, once my kids are older. For now, it’s just a defensive measure in the event of Collapse.
:clap:
Welcome aboard, happy to have you on the team. You need anything, just let us know.
BTW: Pump Shotgun, GREAT CHOICE.

Make your first round you shoot rubber pellets. So, that means it's the last one you load in the chamber. For me, I don't want to take a life if I don't have to. If I have to the subsequent rounds are definitely deadly force. Secondary, if I drop the hammer and the Constabulary gets involved I can easily prove I didn't want to kill anyone.
This is terrible advice. Even brandishing a weapon will land you in jail. Always shoot to kill and then keep shooting until the magazine is empty. Even if the would be burglar dies and is no longer able to prosecute you his family will still take you to court so buy litigation insurance from the NRA as well.
Also no short barrels without a tax stamp. Dont even mess with at shit.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:57 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:20 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:03 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:02 pm

Come over and find out. ;)
lool take it easy. We're not making a Western here.

What kind did you end up getting?
I haven’t yet, but it’s in the works. Planning to get a pump shotgun.

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:38 am

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:16 pm

Fife wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:38 am

Government ammo that failed Custer when fighting the Red Rebels of the Greasy Grass.
PLATA O PLOMO