Re: The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

Post by Fife » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:50 pm

*One* guy? LOOL, ok

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:13 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:05 pm
I’d like to take up hunting, once my kids are older. For now, it’s just a defensive measure in the event of Collapse.
:clap:
Welcome aboard, happy to have you on the team. You need anything, just let us know.
BTW: Pump Shotgun, GREAT CHOICE.

Make your first round you shoot rubber pellets. So, that means it's the last one you load in the chamber. For me, I don't want to take a life if I don't have to. If I have to the subsequent rounds are definitely deadly force. Secondary, if I drop the hammer and the Constabulary gets involved I can easily prove I didn't want to kill anyone.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:17 am

heydaralon wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:39 pm
I have been trying to get into more outdoor stuff lately. I got a book on Florida plants and have been trying to learn which ones are edible. I also did some canoeing and hiking. There are quite a few parks within an hour from me, which I am grateful for. I used to whittle, and I started that again too. I am dipping my toes into the outdoors. I have a sleeping bag and an old tent, so once I get a few days off in a row I'm gonna do some cold weather camping. Well, cold weather for Florida.
Not to be an Ass...................... OK, I'm an Ass.
MORE DOING.................. LESS THINKING ABOUT DOING.

Folks like us who inhabit the strange universe known as MHF often do too much thinking about doing stuff to get it right and not enough time doing it, failing, learning from failure and making things right.

The best trainer is experience. We will fail sometimes and succeed sometimes. But it's the best way to gain knowledge.
PLATA O PLOMO

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:26 am

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:13 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
I’d like to take up hunting, once my kids are older. For now, it’s just a defensive measure in the event of Collapse.
Welcome aboard, happy to have you on the team. You need anything, just let us know.

Make your first round you shoot rubber pellets. So, that means it's the last one you load in the chamber. For me, I don't want to take a life if I don't have to. If I have to the subsequent rounds are definitely deadly force. Secondary, if I drop the hammer and the Constabulary gets involved I can easily prove I didn't want to kill anyone.
This is terrible advice. Even brandishing a weapon will land you in jail. Always shoot to kill and then keep shooting until the magazine is empty. Even if the would be burglar dies and is no longer able to prosecute you his family will still take you to court so buy litigation insurance from the NRA as well.

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:10 am

Rubber pellets are OK for bad guys made out of cheap brittle plastic, I guess.

Otherwise, for human bad guys, look for the most lethal load for your situation.

Once it's time to point and click, the scare-the-bad-guy-straight stuff is all over.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:17 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:26 am
C-Mag wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:13 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

This is terrible advice. Even brandishing a weapon will land you in jail. Always shoot to kill and then keep shooting until the magazine is empty. Even if the would be burglar dies and is no longer able to prosecute you his family will still take you to court so buy litigation insurance from the NRA as well.
Obviously I disagree.
Human life has value, even amongst the dregs of society. Second, not everyone has the mental fortitude to shoot to kill easily, even when your life is threatened. Having a non-lethal option is good for both issues. A person in defense, that has not trained to a point where muscle memory is going to take over and shoot the human form are more likely to pull the trigger on a non lethal option. Then once the first shot is fired, it's a lot easier to continue to fire.
PLATA O PLOMO

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:28 am

Of course my opinion presupposes adequate and competent training and discipline.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:37 am

Fife wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:28 am
Of course my opinion presupposes adequate and competent training and discipline.
Moderate to very serious firearms practioners(and I'm just moderate anymore) are a healthy but small portion of gun owners. And that's ok. As long as safe handling and basic good practices are followed. I want everyone to be able to defend themselves when absolutely necessary, but I don't want unnessary shedding of life either.

Gun Rights are Human Rights.
They allow the meekest and weakest amongst us to level the playing field and defend themselves.
PLATA O PLOMO

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:03 pm

Such a bad idea from a legal standpoint. Shooting rubber at someone is the same as shooting slugs in the eyes of the law.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:13 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:03 pm
Such a bad idea from a legal standpoint. Shooting rubber at someone is the same as shooting slugs in the eyes of the law.
Is there a Lawyer in the House ?
Anyone, anyone, Bueller ?

Can we get a ruling on this ?
PLATA O PLOMO