The Mess

Smitty-48

Re: The Mess

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:50 pm

skankhunt42 wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Case in point, the last time everyone was asserting that "globalization" was going to preclude another war of hegemonic succession was right before the First World War, and in fact, that world was far more "globalized" than now.
I don't think the world today is anything like it was before that War broke. Hell the internet was one of the reasons Obama didn't put boots on the ground in Syria like it was Iraq. There was a time that was possible and the world flipped shit.

I don't think the world was more globalized 100 years ago. 100 years ago Hash couldn't have run an empire of a message board in Thailand while you and I debated the purpose of world war 3 through the internet.

So maybe globalization isn't the world I'm looking for, I guess technological and financial interdependence through the corptocracy. As far as I can tell the only people that would benefit today are the MIC, but they can just as easily sell weapons to the 3rd world. What would the point be of attacking the first? Or even 2nd?
You're free to think as you please, I think you're mistaken, not to say that the American hegemonic order is in fact sufficiently enfeebled as to open the window for a world war at this juncture, per se at least, because they actually come without much warning at all, in the throes of the same sort of whistling past the graveyard that you are invoking, but to say that there can never be and will never be another war of hegemonic succession, I find to be unsupported by the historical record, and the fallacy of "but, but, the internet" doesn't move me neither, you're clearly missing the massive intercommunication in play before the internet, never mind that the internet is mostly shitposting which does not in anyway and has not in anyway heralded an age of one world kumbaya, you're essentially pap spamming us with Clintonian-esque blah-blah-blah.

To wit, ignore the historical record and all the parallels therein, there can't be another world war, cuz reasons. The Treaty of Westphalia!, the League of Nations!, the Internet!, what have you.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:00 am

I'm not "whistling past the graveyard" although I do love that saying. Your argument is essentially history says the world war will happen. Got it. What I'm asking is what would be the point of it in this paradigm. What would be the financial benefit in 2016 of having a world war? How would it even start? The only viable solutions off the top of my head this late would involve Pakistan and India or Iran or insert shit box country sending nukes to god knows where because of insert insane reason. If that happened, yea, the United States, China, and Russia would get involved.

I just don't agree that the United States, Russia, and China would go to war against each other on their own because financially they wouldn't gain a damn thing outside of the MIC. But the MIC could just as easily profit without going to war. I think you are vastly underselling how much more corporations are tied into government policy and global relations than they were 100 years ago. Also the actors involved aren't as Totalitarian. Technology is also a huge driver in this. The world is not the same as it was 100 years ago. Which is why we haven't had another world war since 45. The world is very interconnected, there is a fucking McDonald's everywhere, this wasn't the case 100 years ago.
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:09 am

skankhunt42 wrote:I'm not "whistling past the graveyard" although I do love that saying. Your argument is essentially history says the world war will happen. Got it. What I'm asking is what would be the point of it in this paradigm. What would be the financial benefit in 2016 of having a world war? How would it even start? The only viable solutions off the top of my head this late would involve Pakistan and India or Iran or insert shit box country sending nukes to god knows where because of insert insane reason. If that happened, yea, the United States, China, and Russia would get involved.

I just don't agree that the United States, Russia, and China would go to war against each other on their own because financially they wouldn't gain a damn thing outside of the MIC. But the MIC could just as easily profit without going to war. I think you are vastly underselling how much more corporations are tied into government policy and global relations than they were 100 years ago. Also the actors involved aren't as Totalitarian. Technology is also a huge driver in this. The world is not the same as it was 100 years ago. Which is why we haven't had another world war since 45. The world is very interconnected, there is a fucking McDonald's everywhere, this wasn't the case 100 years ago.
It was the case a hundred years ago, the corporations ruled, it wasn't that totalitarian, it's far more totalitarian now, technological development a hundred years ago was exploding exponentially more rapidly than it is now, there may not have been McDonald's everywhere but British hegemonic franchise was just as extensive world wide, good lord, a hundred years ago the powers that went to war were actually a single family of relatives who had all grown together with the same family matriarch, you can't get much more interrelated than that, imagine if Donald Trump's kissing cousins were the Presidents of Russia and China... you'd never think the Donald would nuke Ivanka, but in effect, George V put his own family in their graves.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:14 am

All of those arguments seem flimsy. In fact they sound exactly like the sentiments highlighted by Dan in BPfA shortly before the Great War. I couldn't honestly answer his question as to where the next one would pop off though. We skirted the big one very narrowly between the last one and now on at least a few occasions. If I had to guess the next one could even happen here in America, should our nation fall apart. I don't see anything stopping an emergent Asia from involving themselves on our soil in the event of the state breaking down. Fourth generation warfare would be popping off.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:19 am

TheReal_ND wrote:All of those arguments seem flimsy. In fact they sound exactly like the sentiments highlighted by Dan in BPfA shortly before the Great War. I couldn't honestly answer his question as to where the next one would pop off though. We skirted the big one very narrowly between the last one and now on at least a few occasions. If I had to guess the next one could even happen here in America, should our nation fall apart. I don't see anything stopping an emergent Asia from involving themselves on our soil in the light of the state breaking down and fourth generation warfare popping off.
The reason we skirted a war of hegemonic succession, is that when America was challenged by the Soviets, it was not the hegemon who was found wanting but rather the challenger, when the Guns of August were invoked, America did not falter, and as result, the Soviet Kaiser did not invade West Berlin as Kaiser Bill invaded Belgium, but you know, there were challenges like that to the British between Waterloo and Mons, with similar results, the British hegemonic order was up to the challenge and it met it, and that persisted, until it didn't.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:41 am

And just to give you the sequence of events in broad strokes, what happened was that rather than meeting all challenges with alacrity, the increasingly fat, lazy and complacent British hegemon went into what it called "Splendid Isolation" wherein it would not interfere in continental affairs between France, Germany and Russia, then France, Germany and Russia went to war over Austrian succession, which was not, I say again not, a world war, merely a continental war, then all of a sudden the British did a complete one eighty, when they without warning came into the war over Belgian Neutrality, at which point, then, it was a world war, wasn't a world war until the "globalized' British hegemon came in, and was then quickly exposed as being aging, enfeebled, and completely ill prepared, and so totally unable to put the flames out as they spread around it's "globalized" hegenomy, with all hell breaking loose in the wake...

... so you see, "globalization" was not a bulwark against world war, it was in fact the initiator of it, when the "globalized" hegemon gets dragged and/or stumbles into a theater war with hegemonic challengers therein, ill prepared as it does, that, is when wars go global, and no, the Internet would not be a bulwark neither, merely another battle space.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:50 am

Jewish tricks for the declaration of Balfour. That's really the simplest answer to my mind what with the Rothschild interests. Britain joining the First World War made much less sense than the second imo. But even the second was avoidable so long as you could stomach turning a blind eye to letting the Nazis genocide the Pollacks and deporting the Jews. Never could figure out why they hell nobody would let the Jews immigrate... anywhere really. Wasn't Israel already a thing by the time Hitler was offering to send them off in luxury liners?

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:54 am

TheReal_ND wrote:Jewish tricks for the declaration of Balfour. That's really the simplest answer to my mind what with the Rothschild interests. Britain joining the First World War made much less sense than the second imo. But even the second was avoidable so long as you could stomach turning a blind eye to letting the Nazis genocide the Pollacks and deporting the Jews. Never could figure out why they hell nobody would let the Jews immigrate... anywhere really. Wasn't Israel already a thing by the time Hitler was offering to send them off in luxury liners?
British entry into the First World War made no sense whatsoever, which is why you know that it wasn't planned in secret by the Rothschild's or whomever, the culprits were the British liberal media beating the war drums with humanitarian pixie dust sprinkled on the Belgians, and a cabal of War Hawks within the cabinet of the British Liberal Asquith Government, led by Winston Churchill.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:03 am

which is why you know that it was planned in secret by the Rothschild's or whomever, the culprits were
Fixed that for you.

The Rothschilds owned that same liberal media that was sprinkling humanitarian pixie dust on Belgium. Frankly it's an astounding feet if you consider the implications to be valid. One that defies sanity.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:10 am

Table: Belgium
Cocaine: Humanitarian Pixie Dust
Tony Montana: British Empire
Say Hello To My Little Friend: Somme
Last edited by StCapps on Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
*yip*