The Mess

Smitty-48

Re: The Mess

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:31 pm

C-Mag wrote:Sergeant of the Mess, a Yank requests to be heard.
There's no rank in the Mess, Yank, rank is left at the door, there's only membership in the Mess, if you want to pull rank, you have to ask a member to step outside.
C-Mag wrote:Cheers to Her Majesty
Three cheers for the Commander-in-Chief; gentlemen, charge your glasses... Huzzah! <toasts> Huzzah! <toasts> Huzzah! <toasts>
Nec Aspera Terrent

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:34 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
C-Mag wrote:Sergeant of the Mess, a Yank requests to be heard.
There's no rank in the Mess, Yank, rank is left at the door, there's only membership in the Mess, if you want to pull rank, you have to ask a member to step outside.
C-Mag wrote:Cheers to Her Majesty
There cheers for the Commander-in-Chief; gentlemen, charge your glasses... Huzzah! <toasts> Huzzah! <toasts> Huzzah! <toasts>

Your mere presence here makes me smile, sir. I am waiting for the first "*chomps on cigar and spits on the floor" interaction which will make this place feel like the new home it could become.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:37 pm

Wouldn't be the Mess without cigars, yes thank you, I think I will have one at that; to the humidor!
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:45 pm

That feel when you will never get in a knock down drag out drunken shit posting match with smitty again..... feels bad man.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:48 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:That feel when you will never get in a knock down drag out drunken shit posting match with smitty again..... feels bad man.
It was touch and go. How cool is this that Mr. Hash had a place for us to go to? Dan who?

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:51 pm

Haumana wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:That feel when you will never get in a knock down drag out drunken shit posting match with smitty again..... feels bad man.
It was touch and go. How cool is this that Mr. Hash had a place for us to go to? Dan who?
We are Dan's deplorable's.
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:54 pm

What's China's angle? Them being the new rising power and all, and China already being a much larger economy than Russia, how long before they really start get in the mix when it comes to naval and nuclear power projection with the big boys? What are the US and Russia doing to maintain their edge over China in this regard? How does the balance of power breakdown on this tip, both historically and moving forward?
Last edited by StCapps on Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:57 pm

In a way, if Hilary had won the election.... Well I feel like

Man this is fucked up. But I would have been hounding smitty for intel. As it is now, I don't even have the slightest concern about inevitable world wars. Are they even inevitable anymore?

Just unrelated musings.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:04 pm

China's angle right now is power projection from their coast into the China Seas, for so called "A2AD" Anti-Access Area Denial, they're still a ways off from challenging the Americans worldwide, but they are racing past the Russians because the Russians shipbuilding industry is still so dilapidated by its Soviet infrastructure that they cannot keep up with Chinese production, the Russians are still dining out on the remnants of the aging Soviet fleets, while the Chinese are cranking out brand new ships at a pace.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:10 pm

Well I got one. The Iran deal. Explain it's merits and flaws like I'm very retarded. What do you see going down the line with Trump? Personally I don't believe he will be tearing it up.