Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Re: The Mess

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:31 pm

Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:04 am

Footage has emerged showing members of the British Army using a photo of Jeremy Corbyn as target practice.

A 25-second clip showed at least four servicemen firing handguns towards a large image of the Labour leader standing at a podium displaying the party’s logo.

It was shared on Snapchat with the caption “happy with that”.

An Army spokesperson said: “We are aware of a video circulating on social media. This behaviour is totally unacceptable and falls well below the high standards the Army expects, and a full investigation has been launched.”
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 52156.html
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:37 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:04 am
Footage has emerged showing members of the British Army using a photo of Jeremy Corbyn as target practice.

A 25-second clip showed at least four servicemen firing handguns towards a large image of the Labour leader standing at a podium displaying the party’s logo.

It was shared on Snapchat with the caption “happy with that”.

An Army spokesperson said: “We are aware of a video circulating on social media. This behaviour is totally unacceptable and falls well below the high standards the Army expects, and a full investigation has been launched.”
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 52156.html
UK military morale collapsing? Not surprising considering the state of governance.

The more a government with no credibility tries to crack down on it, the more it will spread.

The Brits seem to be catching up to Canada now, Somalia Inquiry death spiral.

The UK has caught the Canada disease.

It's got all the elements, Airborne Mutinies, Scottish Quebec, EUMerican Menace, Loonie Leftislam, etcetera.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:40 pm

Morale collapsing?
Where did you get that from?
Looks like a prank which got found out 'cos someone thought it would be a good idea to post the video on social media.
Standards in the Paratroops falling is more of a concern than whose picture they were shooting at.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:01 pm

Sounds like a morale problem to me. Even in the height of Obama regime, I doubt many were openly shooting at his photo.

That is actually really fucked up when you think about it.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:17 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:01 pm
Sounds like a morale problem to me. Even in the height of Obama regime, I doubt many were openly shooting at his photo.

That is actually really fucked up when you think about it.
Corbyn has never been in power though so not quite the same. He's more ridiculed than hated.
I think they were just fucking around and were dumb enough to post it online.
More moronic than mutinous. None of the Paras I met would have been so dumb. They are struggling to get enough recruits so I guess standards are falling.
If it had been troopers from the Household Cavalry I wouldn't have been surprised at all. They were as dumb as the stuff they shovelled all day.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:19 pm

You definitely do not want that type of shit spreading around the ranks.