The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

TheReal_ND

Re: The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:59 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:Yeah. I got to go to a gun show and get red pilled on what to carry and how.
Really comes down to what you're comfortable with, but something like the Triton Kydex IWB fits inside your pants behind the belt for hip carry, that's probably how I would go.
Yeah but I carry around a g17 in my bag or in my van. I don't see how to carry it around when I'm just walking without a back pack. That's why I'm thinking I need a sub compact or snub nose so I can throw it on or off as I'm getting in or out of the car.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:04 pm

There's also the Orpaz thumb release holster, my buddy has one for his Glock, he says it's the best, but I've never tried it. All the guys I know who pack Glock's are cops, and they all pretty much carry the same way, hip holster, something like the Galco or the Orpaz.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:17 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:Yeah. I got to go to a gun show and get red pilled on what to carry and how.
Really comes down to what you're comfortable with, but something like the Triton Kydex IWB fits inside your pants behind the belt for hip carry, that's probably how I would go.
Yeah but I carry around a g17 in my bag or in my van. I don't see how to carry it around when I'm just walking without a back pack. That's why I'm thinking I need a sub compact or snub nose so I can throw it on or off as I'm getting in or out of the car.
Could go with a tactical messenger bag, mount the holster inside, you swing the bag around to your chest, lift the flap and draw. You can walk around with the bag in front when you're on alert, swing it back out of the way when you're not.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:19 pm

Now there's an idea

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:20 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Now there's an idea
Like this, ITS tactical discreet, Glock internal carry.
https://gearmoose.com/its-discreet-messenger-bag/
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:21 pm

Maxpedition has some cool one-strap bags you can quickly slide in front of you and draw from a CCW pouch. Then there is an armor plate. There also are velcro fields inside that CCW pouch to attach straps for extra magazines

The big problem is that they scream tacticool. They need to make this stuff more according to the gray man philosophy. The bags should look like something from REI or LL Bean.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:26 pm

Yeah I was going to say that sounds fairly mall ninja. Never been a big fan of tacticool stuff. I want stuff that works and if I end up even more homeless than I am already, something i won't have to get rid of.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:33 pm

Don't have to go Geado style, just get an actual bike messenger bag and then mount the holster inside it.

https://www.bikeshophub.com/product/ban ... -2624.html

You mount the holster semi horizontal so you can just reach in under the flap and grab the gun, you can walk around with the gun in hand, just looks like you're going for your phone, but if you need to, you can draw down in a flash.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:46 pm

Cool idea. Very cool

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:53 pm

You can actually have the gun drawn, just holding it inside the bag concealed, if it turns out to be nothing, you can re holster, but if it's contact, all you gotta do is swing your hand out from under the flap. And it carries all your other shit too, extra magazines, cleaning kit, tactical folder knife, collapsible baton, trauma first aid kit, what have you, and bike messenger style, it's all easy to get at by swinging the bag to the front and lifting the flap, you can see all your kit in front of you at all times, but no one else can see it, even if you're walking down the street while you're getting at it.

If people look at you, they're not gonna think you're loaded for bear, they're just going to think you're a messenger delivering documents, or a student with a bag full of textbooks.
Nec Aspera Terrent