The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

C-Mag

Re: The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

Post by C-Mag » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:31 am

DBTrek wrote:One gun I wish were legal ... the sawed-off shotgun/scattergun/room sweeper. If I could cut the total length of a shotgun down to 16” or less and have a tiny 5-shell drum on it that thing would be my go-to home defense weapon. Fill it with something between bird shot and double ott (maybe a #7 or #8 shell) and call it a day.

Enough power to send a cone of death in the direction of home invaders, not enough power to kill through drywall at a distance.

Family is safe from missed shots, and hitting assailants is easier because of the spread.

Damn, I wish those were legal.
Hey, check this out.

It won't be long and there will be 10 round extended mags.

I recommend the first round in shotguns be rubber pellets. A lot of gun nuts call me crazy. But considering the state of laws and courts I believe it's smart. If your first round is rubber pellets, you can show you didn't have intent to kill anyone, establish the case right there. You still have plenty more hot lead if needed.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:34 am

Nice, but doesn’t solve the length issue. I already have a tactical 870 with the shortest legal barrel, and it packs seven or eight shells.
;)
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:11 am

Yeah, I have the tactical 870 too, but now I want the Remington 870 Dungeon Master edition.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:15 am

I remember Carlus, Fife, or Okee also having one. Smitty too, I think. We may need to form an 870 club, or sub forum. Popular firearm.
:dance:

How will you know that the MHF club has arrived in the post-apocalypse. When you hear that 870 go BOOM.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:06 am

DBTrek wrote:I remember Carlus, Fife, or Okee also having one. Smitty too, I think. We may need to form an 870 club, or sub forum. Popular firearm.
:dance:

How will you know that the MHF club has arrived in the post-apocalypse. When you hear that 870 go BOOM.

Sounds good to me, Love me some 870.
We can have a contest on which of us Doomsday Derps can have the most TactiCool 870. :lol:

I'll tell ya, if you want a shorter barrell shotgun just get a judge. Now, granted you're not shooting a 12 ga, but it has a wide pattern fast.
PLATA O PLOMO

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:08 am

The Judge is very cool.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:13 am

Yeah, I’ve given the Judge some consideration. Wonder what the recoil is like tho.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:29 am

DBTrek wrote:Yeah, I’ve given the Judge some consideration. Wonder what the recoil is like tho.

The .410 recoil is not much. I'm leery of a snub-nosed .410 being of much use for self-defense. Makes for a decent snake gun out in the woods or on the lake, though.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:32 am

DBTrek wrote:Yeah, I’ve given the Judge some consideration. Wonder what the recoil is like tho.
It's really not terrible because it is a heavy gun. For me it's easier to fire consecutive accurate rounds than the 38 S&W Feather Weight. That thing is so light, and the tiny grip you have to really be ready to control the gun even with 38 special rounds.
PLATA O PLOMO

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:33 am

It would be good for hiking in squatch country, though.