The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

TheReal_ND

Re: The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:07 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:What's the price difference? You're probably just paying for a name with that level of revolver. Trigger pull would be something to consider. Iirc the rough rider is fairly stiff but I haven't shot enough revolvers to know how common that is. I know at least some are purposefully heavy as a safety precaution.
It's about a three hundred dollar difference, at minimum. The reviews I've read say the Heritage is good...for the price. Not a lot of faith it will last to be handed down one day. I'll talk to the guy at the gun store and see what he thinks.

Yeah the colt probably has better build quality. Especially an older one.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:10 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:What's the price difference? You're probably just paying for a name with that level of revolver. Trigger pull would be something to consider. Iirc the rough rider is fairly stiff but I haven't shot enough revolvers to know how common that is. I know at least some are purposefully heavy as a safety precaution.
It's about a three hundred dollar difference, at minimum. The reviews I've read say the Heritage is good...for the price. Not a lot of faith it will last to be handed down one day. I'll talk to the guy at the gun store and see what he thinks.

Yeah the colt probably has better build quality. Especially an older one.
For a hundred bucks I guess there's no reason I couldn't pick up a Heritage, too.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:13 pm

Definitely gonna have to start reloading if I move up to 45 LC.

These ain't 22 LR prices.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:14 pm

Yeah at that price if you find one. Or just pay 200 plus tax for a brand new one of you're worried about longevity.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:17 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Yeah at that price if you find one. Or just pay 200 plus tax for a brand new one of you're worried about longevity.
$133 for this one.

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product ... 2500309.do

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:18 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:Yeah at that price if you find one. Or just pay 200 plus tax for a brand new one of you're worried about longevity.
$133 for this one.

Literally no reason I can think of to not buy it right now. Well I have a reason. I don't have a safe.
Okeefenokee wrote:Definitely gonna have to start reloading if I move up to 45 LC.

What are you messing with now? I'm quite happy with my g17. I've seen enough of these new self defense round commercials to assure me it's good heh. I'm still a novice and working on quick follow ups anyway. I'm happy with 9mm tbh.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:24 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
$133 for this one.

Literally no reason I can think of to not buy it right now. Well I have a reason. I don't have a safe.
Okeefenokee wrote:Definitely gonna have to start reloading if I move up to 45 LC.

What are you messing with now? I'm quite happy with my g17. I've seen enough of these new self defense rounds to assure me it's good heh. I'm still a novice and working on quick follow ups anyway. I'm happy with 9mm tbh.
I got a lever action 22 for my wife's birthday, and I'm looking at a revolver to go with it. 22 is cheap, but I want to get into reloading anyway.

I'm looking at getting a similar pair for me, but I want something that loads in the receiver instead of a tube. If I can find a 22 that fits that I might just get a 22 rifle/pistol pair for me too, but I haven't seen one.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:26 pm

Oh yeah colt sells that revolver and lever pair. I actually think that's kind of cool. It's like a basic bitch shtf scenario. I'm probably going to buy an older 30-30 Winchester when I'm rich.

Otern

Post by Otern » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:13 am

Got myself another Mauser. A K98k, still in the original caliber, which is rare around here. It used to belong to my grandfather, but was lost for many years after he died. Then the guy he gave it to handed it in on the local police station, and they let me know they had it, in case I wanted it, or it'd go to destruction. A couple weeks went by, then I got the approved application, and went down there to get it. And they were nice enough to give me a box with some original German ammo from WW2 too.

This is why I love rural police. In a city, it would probably be scrap metal now.

It's modified a lot, cut down stock, a new iron sight, and a scope, but still pretty nicely done. Also did a lot of digging on the different markings. Turns out it was made in a concentration camp late in 1944, and it might have been an SS order. Norwegian SS soldiers guarded that particular camp. My grandfather bought it many years after the war, but I do wonder who it belonged to before him.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:51 am

Sounds like someone was leading a secret life. :twisted: