The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

Okeefenokee

Re: The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:52 pm

I saw this one at Academy,

JTS 12 Gauge Semiautomatic AK Shotgun
Might not be as reliable as the Remington, though.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:58 pm

Not a real AK, Chicom Norinco. The real deal Rooskie is the Vepr 12.
Nec Aspera Terrent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:04 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
Looks like the first gun I got my kids.
Yeah that was my first one.
My first was similar, but with wooden furniture, though I barely remember it. My father destroyed it after an ill advised Freindly Fire Incident involving my brothers.

:|
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:03 pm

I'm looking around at the offerings for a 22LR revolver.

I'd like something like the Heritage Rough Rider, but probably a bit higher in quality.

Colt's got some offerings, but they're discontinued, and the prices are high.

I figure I'll just keep getting guns for my wife on the birthdays and anniversaries until she gets wise to me.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:51 pm

I shot a friends rough rider and honestly, that's one of the most enjoyable guns I've ever shot. Its hard to explain. It's just neat.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:54 pm

This firearm was historically used to teach teenage boys to shoot in Swiss schools.

Most countries had a similar system in place to train young men how to shoot properly.

That all changed when women took over everything in Europe.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:57 pm

Looking at this pairing,

Winchester 1873 and Colt SAA in .45 LC

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:58 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:I shot a friends rough rider and honestly, that's one of the most enjoyable guns I've ever shot. Its hard to explain. It's just neat.
Yeah, I might get that one for her, but I'm still leaning towards the Colt.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:01 pm

What's the price difference? You're probably just paying for a name with that level of revolver. Trigger pull would be something to consider. Iirc the rough rider is fairly stiff but I haven't shot enough revolvers to know how common that is. I know at least some are purposefully heavy as a safety precaution.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:05 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:What's the price difference? You're probably just paying for a name with that level of revolver. Trigger pull would be something to consider. Iirc the rough rider is fairly stiff but I haven't shot enough revolvers to know how common that is. I know at least some are purposefully heavy as a safety precaution.
It's about a three hundred dollar difference, at minimum. The reviews I've read say the Heritage is good...for the price. Not a lot of faith it will last to be handed down one day. I'll talk to the guy at the gun store and see what he thinks.