The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

Okeefenokee

Re: The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:14 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:23 am

Soon,

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:43 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Fife wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:I gotta go. Be back later.

Man, Academy is such a good store. Walmart prices for real stuff in stock.
I took your advice and kept Boker in mind when I splurged at the army surplus recently. Got a Boker Magnum auto. This is my edc and tbh, my favorite knife so far. Sturdy as hell.

Nice knife. I was looking at a Magnum auto with partially serrated blade a while back at a show. I almost bought it, and wish I had. Next time.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:04 pm

I think I gotta get a Red Ryder for the boys, just on principle, but I had a Crossman Pumpmaster.

Hard choices.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:07 pm

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:29 pm

Fife wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:
Fife wrote:

Man, Academy is such a good store. Walmart prices for real stuff in stock.
I took your advice and kept Boker in mind when I splurged at the army surplus recently. Got a Boker Magnum auto. This is my edc and tbh, my favorite knife so far. Sturdy as hell.

Nice knife. I was looking at a Magnum auto with partially serrated blade a while back at a show. I almost bought it, and wish I had. Next time.

I still have my issue Gerber Auto blade
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:33 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Looks like the first gun I got my kids.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:34 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
Looks like the first gun I got my kids.
Yeah that was my first one.

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:02 pm

:shock: :clap:

Review: Remington 870 DM Shotgun

As for why Remington would start with the 870 platform, there are two very good reasons. First, the nature of the pump-action itself means the overall system is more robust—and less susceptible to the vagaries of shotgun ammunition types and power variations. A manually cycled action doesn’t care if the brass is high- or low-walled, nor if low-recoil velocity is of sufficient force to cycle the action. Manipulation of the action is solely dependent on the shooter, not the ammo, so a significant source of potential problems is avoided.

Second, the Remington 870 is, well, established. Daniel Cox, Remington’s shotguns manager, put it succinctly: “We opted to use the 870 as our initial product because the 870 is one of the most-prolific and trusted pump-action shotguns in the world. It’s a shotgun people know and trust, and because of that it was a perfect option in our mind to pilot the detachable-magazine setup. Starting with a product that is so well-known and trusted in the marketplace makes the jump to something so radically different easier for people.”

. . .

What’s not up for debate, however, is the operation. It’s a Remington 870. It just plain works. Whether it’s eating from a tubular magazine or a box magazine, it’s going to feed rounds, fire ’em and eject spent shells all day, every day. We ran several hundred rounds of varied-power buckshot, birdshot and slugs at the writer’s event at Gunsite without incident, and similar testing here at headquarters yielded identical, incident-free results. It’s a hammer. You pick it up, it works, you put it back in the toolbox.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:04 pm

Oh wow.