The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

The Conservative

Re: The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

Post by The Conservative » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:00 pm

C-Mag wrote:Those are pretty cool. I've thought of getting the little badger in .17 HMR, so cost effective under $300
https://www.chiappafirearms.com/p/id/18 ... Badger.php

Check out the ballistic gel penetration.............. after it goes through body armor.

Military figured out 17 HMR punches through Kevlar helmets and body armor in the late 90s. I was at Crane Naval Small Arms Center and saw the testing.
So instead of spending a few hundred dollars more on more powerful weapons, just get an HMR 15 and you got a critter killer, and a brainpan mixer... not bad.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:07 pm

The Conservative wrote:
C-Mag wrote:Those are pretty cool. I've thought of getting the little badger in .17 HMR, so cost effective under $300

Check out the ballistic gel penetration.............. after it goes through body armor.

Military figured out 17 HMR punches through Kevlar helmets and body armor in the late 90s. I was at Crane Naval Small Arms Center and saw the testing.

So instead of spending a few hundred dollars more on more powerful weapons, just get an HMR 15 and you got a critter killer, and a brainpan mixer... not bad.
After looking at a variety of these type of light survival guns, that's what I settled on.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:19 pm

What's even the point of 22 then? Commonality?

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:40 pm

Nukedog wrote:What's even the point of 22 then? Commonality?
Same as always, cheap plinker and Mob Assassination round ;)
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:42 pm

Firearms. Only thing where cheap is a legitimate positive.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:22 pm

C-Mag wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

After looking at a variety of these type of light survival guns, that's what I settled on.
The Nice thing about the one I'm looking at it has a .22 attachment, for me, that's good because it means that I can do the same thing with a .17 and cheaper too because the .17 is a less common round.
#NotOneRedCent

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:36 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Getting one of these as a boy is cooler than just about anything else.

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:13 pm

C-Mag wrote:
They're also good for not blowing the fuck out of squirrels and rabbits or other little critters you might want to eat, or making messing up pelts too badly. Every boy should have one, even if it's only to shoot rats at the town dump.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:24 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Bingo, ultimate point blank behind the ear round, don't even need a supressor, just jam it up against the head, plap!, and once it bounces around inside the skull, good luck getting any ballistics data off that deformed slug.

.22LR High Standard fully supressed; also favoured by OGA, no doubt still in the SAD arsenal, even to this day, an oldie but a goodie, battle tested, combat proven, in the jungles of Vietnam, no reason to throw it away.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:51 pm

Check the Ruger 22/45 in the hands of Hickok, once he puts the supressor on, ooh baby, they'll never hear you comin' then, Goldilocks, that's Ninjuh yo.

Nec Aspera Terrent