The diet of Metas - Ketogenic

Speaker to Animals

Re: The diet of Metas - Ketogenic

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:56 pm

Penner wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Here's my tentative plan: I stop eating at 8 pm this Thursday night. I fast for all of Friday. I start eating at 12 pm Saturday, for 40 hours of fasting.

The only thing that concerns me is that I have a run on Friday.

But if I do that, I can tell you guys how easy or horrible it is to fast 40+ hours. I kind of don't think it will be a big deal. We'll see.

That does sound tough to do. Are you going to break the fasting at night or are you going to go all the way without anything? Also, it might be better if you allow water (some people try to do a "dry fast") and also be careful of exhausting and/or have just a very small thing (that is healthy) to eat. I am not a doctor here but I don't know about actually doing that.

I will fast from 8 pm Thursday until 12 pm Saturday. So I will break it when I usually break my intermittent fast. That way I don't mess up the normal rhythm I established thus far. I will probably break it with a four cup container of kefir (the one with no added sugar) and a banana. That way I can hopefully get a lot of probiotics in there as well without my system having to deal with other digesting food.

I will drink more than a gallon of water. I already drink about a gallon of water each day. No way I will compromise that now. That alone is a huge help in cutting. I do put crystal light in it. I wonder if the sweetness of the crystal light will cause hunger. Although -- pro tip -- definitely don't take creatine while you drink more than a gallon of water and you are old enough to have a larger prostate. :lol:

From what I have researched, it's actually not only safe, but healthy to do from time-to-time. What's not healthy is eating the way we have been eating in America since the agricultural industry convinced everybody to eat a shit ton a grains throughout the day every day.

We'll see. I might give in and eat at some point there. I don't know yet. I know I can easily make it to 24 hours. That's only 6 hours longer than my daily fast anyway. Add in eight hours of sleep. I am no longer hungry in the mornings at all. So I think I will be okay going into noon on Saturday.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:08 pm

What are your feelings on caffeine? I feel like that will mess up your metabolism even worse than the artificial sweeteners in something like Crystal Light
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:10 pm

California wrote:What are your feelings on caffeine? I feel like that will mess up your metabolism even worse than the artificial sweeteners in something like Crystal Light

Caffeine is awesome. Especially all that stuff in my pre-workout mix. don't you pre-workout, bro?

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:24 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
California wrote:What are your feelings on caffeine? I feel like that will mess up your metabolism even worse than the artificial sweeteners in something like Crystal Light

Caffeine is awesome. Especially all that stuff in my pre-workout mix. don't you pre-workout, bro?

My pre-workout mix is a a couple cups of black coffee made in a French press
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:56 am

It's not the same.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:42 am

snort that shit.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:17 am

California wrote: My pre-workout mix is a a couple cups of black coffee made in a French press
What is a French press?
Do you mean a cafetiere?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:51 am

Montegriffo wrote:
California wrote: My pre-workout mix is a a couple cups of black coffee made in a French press
What is a French press?
Do you mean a cafetiere?
I don't speak English, I speak American

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:56 am

California wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
What is a French press?
Do you mean a cafetiere?
I don't speak English, I speak American
I was just curious, I've never heard them called French presses before. Odd name considering it was an Italian who first designed one, but then again cafetiere is a French word too.
Italians must think we are thick as shit.....
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:13 am

I'll be interested to hear how the fasting experiment goes.
One major benefit of fsting, cleansing the body of pre-cancerous cells, which pretty much everyone over the age of 40 has:

"Although these studies underline the need for an in depth understanding of its mechanisms of action, fasting is expected to have cancer preventive effects as indicated by the studies above and by the findings that multiple cycles of periodic fasting can be as effective as toxic chemotherapy in the treatment of some cancers in mice "
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/

"During a fast, the cells in our bodies go into a protective mode, while cancerous cells continue their metastatic, robotic growth. But the fasted state is hostile to cancer cells in part because their fuel – glucose – disappears from the bloodstream. The same is true of precancerous cells – the type that lead to cancer – says Valter Longo, director of the University of Southern California Longevity Institute. "Imagine someone who has precancerous cells," says Longo. "The process of developing cancer could take years, but if that person fasted, those cells could be killed before they had a chance to spread.""
http://www.mensjournal.com/magazine/the ... g-20121116

That's a pretty big win any way you want to cut it.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"