The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

Okeefenokee

Re: The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri May 12, 2017 6:32 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:The AK is the gun that armed the world.
It's been involved in a lot of scenarios that ended in chaos and anarchy. Not that that is the fault of the weapon, but I don't see a huge string of successful outcomes tied to it. Maybe Chechnya.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri May 12, 2017 6:59 pm

Well it did its job. It brought the communist dream of arming the proletariat across the world.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri May 12, 2017 7:00 pm

Crimea?

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri May 12, 2017 10:58 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat May 13, 2017 6:23 am

Okeefenokee wrote:Image

That's Kiev. I think the fascists that Hillary helped overthrow the legitimate government were using some kinds of sniper rifles to shoot innocent people.

The Russian paramilitary who seceded from Ukraine were definitely carrying AK47s in a few photos I saw.

Pretty sure the Ukrainian troops have better arms.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat May 13, 2017 6:26 am

Oh look it's Paris.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon May 15, 2017 6:32 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:Image

That's Kiev. I think the fascists that Hillary helped overthrow the legitimate government were using some kinds of sniper rifles to shoot innocent people.

The Russian paramilitary who seceded from Ukraine were definitely carrying AK47s in a few photos I saw.

Pretty sure the Ukrainian troops have better arms.
Thought for a minute that was a shot from the newest release of Le Miserables.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon May 15, 2017 8:41 am

heydaralon wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Hastur wrote:
A very solid gun. There's about 4 real solid guns that came out post WWII and were the foundation for most militaries for 50 years.
HK G3
FN FAL
AK/47
M-16

Really can't go wrong with any of them
Out of those four, what is the best one in your opinion?
They all have their pros and cons. A ton of people have banked on the ability to throw an AK in the mud and keep firing it. Problem with the AK is, that most of them are crappy rifles, because they are built everywhere, often with low standards. They fire, but the accuracy suffers.

Out of all of them, the M16 platform has won the battle, primarily through adaptability and flexibility of the platform. Look at one of the best weapons out there right now, the HK416, it's an AR Clone
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue May 16, 2017 5:47 pm

C-Mag wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
A very solid gun. There's about 4 real solid guns that came out post WWII and were the foundation for most militaries for 50 years.
HK G3
FN FAL
AK/47
M-16

Really can't go wrong with any of them
Out of those four, what is the best one in your opinion?
They all have their pros and cons. A ton of people have banked on the ability to throw an AK in the mud and keep firing it. Problem with the AK is, that most of them are crappy rifles, because they are built everywhere, often with low standards. They fire, but the accuracy suffers.

Out of all of them, the M16 platform has won the battle, primarily through adaptability and flexibility of the platform. Look at one of the best weapons out there right now, the HK416, it's an AR Clone
I am no gun expert. I do not own a gun, and I have only fired two different guns in my entire life, but I do enjoy watching shooting channels on youtube such as Hickok45 or FPSrussia etc. They did one video that showed an M16 firing at a target, and I was surprised at how small the caliber was. He said it was a .22. Do US soldiers fire .22 rounds from an M16 in combat? That is still lethal, but that is very surprising to me if it is true.
Shikata ga nai

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue May 16, 2017 5:49 pm

It's a ground hog round. However in hollowpoint chamberint there is no longer any ground hog left.