Re: The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:58 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:57 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:57 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:56 pm

I understand that, but you still are evading my question.
I'm just ignoring you at this point, impasse, agree to disagree.
No, I am just aggressive on the point to prove something.
I don't care. I have nothing to prove.
Nec Aspera Terrent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:47 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:58 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:57 pm

I'm just ignoring you at this point, impasse, agree to disagree.
Did you lose your listening ears and thinking cap?

I am not asking you to prove anything. I asked a single question, which you have not answered.
What dictates that if a group of people that don't follow the Geneva convention should be given the protections under it?
God, country, and morality are not reasons. They are opinions.
#NotOneRedCent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:58 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:47 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

I am not asking you to prove anything. I asked a single question, which you have not answered.
What dictates that if a group of people that don't follow the Geneva convention should be given the protections under it?
I don't care what you asked.

I don't care what your opinion of the matter is anymore.

I'm moving on to something more interesting.
Nec Aspera Terrent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:49 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:58 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

And that is the problem with people who dictate what is just and what isn't in armed combat.

The terms just and fair are relative and should not be used in combat situations. Because war is multifaceted and cannot be answered by the indoctrinated.

War and combat is violent, dangerous, deadly. It is something that in one instant you get to chose a persons ability to live or not.

A child being used as a shield one day may be a combatant the next because you killed their father who was using then as one, and were willing were one. Or were they?

I can play armchair general all I want, but at this point in time so are you and others who served.

I believe under the conditions we are seeing today the rules of war should be followed. In where those who raise a gun, a fist or any other weapon should be treated as an enemy combatant. Be they 10 or 50.

The enemy doesn't follow the Geneva convention, and in turn they deserve no mercy.

Maybe I would be called a monster, but when you deal with people who only believe in an iron fist as truth. Sometimes you need to remind them they don't own the biggest stick.
#NotOneRedCent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:51 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:49 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:58 pm
The Conservative wrote:

And that is the problem with people who dictate what is just and what isn't in armed combat.

The terms just and fair are relative and should not be used in combat situations. Because war is multifaceted and cannot be answered by the indoctrinated.

War and combat is violent, dangerous, deadly. It is something that in one instant you get to chose a persons ability to live or not.

A child being used as a shield one day may be a combatant the next because you killed their father who was using then as one, and were willing were one. Or were they?

I can play armchair general all I want, but at this point in time so are you and others who served.

I believe under the conditions we are seeing today the rules of war should be followed. In where those who raise a gun, a fist or any other weapon should be treated as an enemy combatant. Be they 10 or 50.

The enemy doesn't follow the Geneva convention, and in turn they deserve no mercy.

Maybe I would be called a monster, but when you deal with people who only believe in an iron fist as truth. Sometimes you need to remind them they don't own the biggest stick.
You're just talking to yourself now, I didn't even read this.

Feel free to pontificate as you like, but no need to quote me as if we are still talking.
Nec Aspera Terrent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:25 am

Appeal to authority, and then plug your ears and all la la’.

Standards are slipping it seems..
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:12 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:25 am

False equivalency from TC, yeah standards are slipping. Pretending that terrorists who believe their cause is just are equivalent to christian soldiers who think their cause is just, same-same. Moral relativism for the fail, every killing is not as justified as every other killing, enough of the anti-military propaganda.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:17 am

StCapps wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:12 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

False equivalency from TC, yeah standards are slipping. Pretending that terrorists who believe their cause is just are equivalent to christian soldiers who think their cause is just, same-same. Moral relativism for the fail, every killing is not as justified as every other killing, enough of the anti-military propaganda.
Pretending that Christian soldiers are any different than other soldiers is on par with the thread I suppose.

Are you a ‘terrorist’ if you attack an invading army? Seems the brits used the same logic a few centuries ago..
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:24 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:17 am
StCapps wrote:
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

Pretending that Christian soldiers are any different than other soldiers is on par with the thread I suppose.

Are you a ‘terrorist’ if you attack an invading army? Seems the brits used the same logic a few centuries ago..
Some soldiers behave more honorably than others, to pretend they are all the same is laughable. If you think Americans soldiers commit more atrocities and break international law on warfare more often than Islamic terrorists, then you are too far gone to reason with.
*yip*

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:41 am

StCapps wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:24 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:17 am
StCapps wrote:

Some soldiers behave more honorably than others, to pretend they are all the same is laughable. If you think Americans soldiers commit more atrocities and break international law on warfare more often than Islamic terrorists, then you are too far gone to reason with.
Did I ever claim that?

I stated that the minute you take a life you no longer hold any moral high ground to stand upon.

It doesn't matter how it's done, the fact it was done it the final result.
#NotOneRedCent