"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Re: The diet of Metas - Ketogenic

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:58 am

This is why you should avoid sugar and alcohol if you are overweight:

apeman

Post by apeman » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:02 am

DBTrek wrote:Alcohol on keto will mess you up.
Hits your system a lot faster.
NOW WE'RE TALKING!

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:07 pm

apeman wrote:Thanks. I will resist the urge to bombard the forum with more pics attesting to my greatness. 8-)

Now, I am going to make a very serious attempt to not drink until at least the weekend, might even try keto (wife wants to do it).

Will report back
nuke got me to switch to bubble water during the week. then my wife's nephew from honduras came to stay for a while, and well, that went out the window. gonna get back on it soon. just enjoying my last summer before i start getting into the really hard courses.

habits and brain training are a big part of it. that's probably why the bubble water worked as well as it did.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

apeman

Post by apeman » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:13 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
nuke got me to switch to bubble water during the week.
What this? first page of google search results did not clarify

Day 1 of giving a shit: I drank zero alcohol, 24-26 carbs yesterday, worked out so hard.

Put the hippy butter rec'd by DB into coffee this AM.

Giving it a go.

Ape Girl

Post by Ape Girl » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:16 am

Hi all,
I am Ape Man's other half. I thought I would add to this topic since he's my partner in crime, and now keto. I'm glad - Now I can admit to him that I put butter (now ghee and coconut oil) in coffee. To most, that's insane.

I'm on Day 6 of Keto diet and LOVE it. I'm sticking to 25 carbs a day. I know they say 20 but the 5 carb difference is A LOT. I keep track with an app - keto diet. My goal is to not cheat for 2 weeks and see what happens. I am not overweight but have a little extra fat hanging around. I am moderately active (work outdoors 50% of the time and go to yoga almost every day). My fitness goals are overall strength and maintenance of flexibility and a healthy skeletal system.

The Keto Flu: The first few days were rough for me. After a long 4th of July weekend of eating and drinking I was feeling like crap and committed to Keto. I tried it once before so it is familiar. Of course I was nauseous, had a headache and very low energy. I was extremely dehydrated even w/ 3L of water a day. Harder yoga classes made me dizzy.
Benefits: Thankfully, all that passed in 2-3 days and I feel extraordinary. Seriously, I think even my eyesight is sharper. I spend less of my day focused on food because I'm simply less hungry. I've already noticed a slight loss of fat (even with a serving or 2 of Bryers low carb chocolate icecream. It's really good.)

However, this is only day 6. Let's see what I can resist next time I'm at a campfire and someone brings out s'mores.

I am debating taking a multi-vitamin to ensure an attempt to get enough vitamins/minerals. I really try to get a variety of foods but w/out fruit or much veggies I have concerns. I know studies show it doesn't help or hurt but why not hedge my bets?

apeman

Post by apeman » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:25 am

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:36 am

Welcome Ape Girl!

It will be refreshing to see an overall tightening of apeman's QC around here. :goteam: :snicker:

apeman

Post by apeman » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:39 am

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:41 am

Transitioned back into keto today (dropped from June 29th to July 9th to celebrate the 4th), which means carb flu tonight and superpowers over the weekend.

My carb flu detectors.

On the plus side, once you're solidly in keto you can take more than 20/25 carbs a day without issue. Some folks even take 100 a day, though there's no way to tell where one's personal cutoff is without experimenting. With luck I'll sleep through carb flu tonight and transition directly into superpower mode.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"