The Mess

Montegriffo

Re: The Mess

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:53 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Too right, I certainly partaked of the IV drip cure, the only thing that ever worked, no doubt.

I find that if I drink fine whisky, and just fine whisky, I don't get any hangovers, even If/when I get totally ripped, beer is bad for hangovers, because you have to drink so much of it just to get a buzz on.
When I was researching ethanol, I came across the papers on things that cause hangovers. Seems to be it's the flavor. More flavor, more hangover. Distill those flavors out and you get vodka. Drink something with flavor, like scotch, and you get hangover. Too drunk to remember what the real words are.
Well I never get a hangover from vintage port and that has plenty of flavour so there must be more to it than that.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:12 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Too right, I certainly partaked of the IV drip cure, the only thing that ever worked, no doubt.

I find that if I drink fine whisky, and just fine whisky, I don't get any hangovers, even If/when I get totally ripped, beer is bad for hangovers, because you have to drink so much of it just to get a buzz on.
When I was researching ethanol, I came across the papers on things that cause hangovers. Seems to be it's the flavor. More flavor, more hangover. Distill those flavors out and you get vodka. Drink something with flavor, like scotch, and you get hangover. Too drunk to remember what the real words are.
Well I never get a hangover from vintage port and that has plenty of flavour so there must be more to it than that.
I think it was essential oils.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:14 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:24 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Wow.

Betrayed by a Sikh too. Would not expect that. WTF Canada?

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:30 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
Wow.

Betrayed by a Sikh too. Would not expect that. WTF Canada?
I'll hold off blaming that guy for now. I remember reading about him years ago. Sounded like he was a good soldier. It could have come from over his head, but if he doesn't speak out.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:55 pm

That didn't come down from the Liberals, that came down from General Vance; when the chain of command ordrered that the Kuwait air base be downgraded from high risk to low risk, and the reason is because the chair force weenies in the rear with the gear were getting the same allowances as the Canadian Special Operations Regiment in Erbil, and I heard that it was the Operators who complained, so the REMF's weren't stabbed in the back by the Liberals, the knife came from CANSOF.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:56 pm

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:01 pm

The Canadian military is already over paid, if it was up to me, I'd institute a pay freeze and eliminate all such bonuses and allowances, nobody ever promised them a tax break, it's the military not a tax haven, don't like it, get the fuck out then.

Bunch o' REMF's crying about their tax breaks; send them back to Canada then, replace them with people who are ready to serve for its own sake.

If anybody in the Canadian military is crying that they are hard done by, then we don't need them; sayonara, have a nice life on civvy street. It's so fuckin' cushy in the Canadian military it's ridiculous, anybody complaining is just spoiled rotten; get rid of them.

The problem with the Liberals, is not that they don't pay the troops enough, the problem with the Liberals, is that they pay the troops too much, and that's why the military is full of REMF's and how the overhead is eating the capital budget.

Cut the pay and lay the REMF's off, close bases and get rid of staff headquarters, then spend the money on weapons instead, if somebody wants to cry about it; let em' cry, too bad so sad.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:34 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:The Canadian military is already over paid, if it was up to me, I'd institute a pay freeze and eliminate all such bonuses and allowances, nobody ever promised them a tax break, it's the military not a tax haven, don't like it, get the fuck out then.

Bunch o' REMF's crying about their tax breaks; send them back to Canada then, replace them with people who are ready to serve for its own sake.

If anybody in the Canadian military is crying that they are hard done by, then we don't need them; sayonara, have a nice life on civvy street. It's so fuckin' cushy in the Canadian military it's ridiculous, anybody complaining is just spoiled rotten; get rid of them.

The problem with the Liberals, is not that they don't pay the troops enough, the problem with the Liberals, is that they pay the troops too much, and that's why the military is full of REMF's and how the overhead is eating the capital budget.

Cut the pay and lay the REMF's off, close bases and get rid of staff headquarters, then spend the money on weapons instead, if somebody wants to cry about it; let em' cry, too bad so sad.
Yeah, I remember we talked about this years ago. Canadian soldiers make way more than American soldiers. Food's better too.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:35 am

Their chow hall is like a restaurant.