The Mess

Ex-California

Re: The Mess

Post by Ex-California » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:48 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:Can you really make an IV like that Jason Bourn guy did in that one movie using store bought stuff?
I don't remember exactly what he used, but I don't think it should be too hard to do. You need a super sharp needle, or you're gonna tear the vein. Then it's just hook up the tubing to the bag. Hitting the vein can take some practice. That seems like the more difficult thing to do than finding supplies. Luckily, I have big bulging veins, so I never got stuck up like a pincushion by someone who didn't know what to do.

Best idea we ever had was to get this medic chick come hook us all up to IVs so we could hydrate while we got drunk. We're all standing in the kitchen with our saline hanging from the cabinet nobs. :lol:
Its a great way to cure a hangover too
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:51 pm

California wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:Can you really make an IV like that Jason Bourn guy did in that one movie using store bought stuff?
I don't remember exactly what he used, but I don't think it should be too hard to do. You need a super sharp needle, or you're gonna tear the vein. Then it's just hook up the tubing to the bag. Hitting the vein can take some practice. That seems like the more difficult thing to do than finding supplies. Luckily, I have big bulging veins, so I never got stuck up like a pincushion by someone who didn't know what to do.

Best idea we ever had was to get this medic chick come hook us all up to IVs so we could hydrate while we got drunk. We're all standing in the kitchen with our saline hanging from the cabinet nobs. :lol:
Its a great way to cure a hangover too
We just didn't wanna be hungover for PT, but after a while we got into the groove and could do without the saline. Makes me feel old thinking about it.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:54 pm

That's pretty intense

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:15 pm

Hangovers depend almost entirely on whether I'm drinking corporate American piss water, or a clean German brew. Also, how much sugar I ate, and how much water I chug before sleep.

Every time I see a Bud Light commercial, I feel a little pang of sadness for all the ignorant bastards stuck thinking that's what beer is.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:44 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Hangovers depend almost entirely on whether I'm drinking corporate American piss water, or a clean German brew. Also, how much sugar I ate, and how much water I chug before sleep.

Every time I see a Bud Light commercial, I feel a little pang of sadness for all the ignorant bastards stuck thinking that's what beer is.
You should read more. A hangover comes from dehydration. At a certain level of intoxication, the body thinks its being poisoned, and decides to dump all fluids in an attempt to flush out the poison. Drinking water at that point does no good, as the body simply flushes that out as well. Diluting the bloodstream with H2O tricks the body into thinking the level of poison is lower than it really is.

Drink all the water you want. Won't do a thing. Stick a needle in your arm, then you're doing something.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:03 pm

Too right, I certainly partaked of the IV drip cure, the only thing that ever worked, no doubt.

I find that if I drink fine whisky, and just fine whisky, I don't get any hangovers, even If/when I get totally ripped, beer is bad for hangovers, because you have to drink so much of it just to get a buzz on.
Nec Aspera Terrent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:10 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Too right, I certainly partaked of the IV drip cure, the only thing that ever worked, no doubt.

I find that if I drink fine whisky, and just fine whisky, I don't get any hangovers, even If/when I get totally ripped, beer is bad for hangovers, because you have to drink so much of it just to get a buzz on.
A fine stout or porter will fix that for you. 2-3 pints, and enjoy your evening.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:13 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Too right, I certainly partaked of the IV drip cure, the only thing that ever worked, no doubt.

A fine stout or porter will fix that for you. 2-3 pints, and enjoy your evening.
I drink beer as a beverage, I don't drink beer for a buzz, I like beer, but as I am a moderately hard drinker, beer for me, is like a soft drink.

I was meaning for those who still get hangovers, which I did, back when I was a beer drunk, but I don't get hangovers anymore, unless I drink a bucket a cheap rye or something like that.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:21 pm

When I was researching ethanol, I came across the papers on things that cause hangovers. Seems to be it's the flavor. More flavor, more hangover. Distill those flavors out and you get vodka. Drink something with flavor, like scotch, and you get hangover. Too drunk to remember what the real words are.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:26 pm

I don't get a hangover off the single malt, I think it's the impurities in cheap whisky that must be the thing, because I could drink this whole bottle of McClelland's, and not even get the slightest hangover, but if I drank the same amount of Canadian Club, that would probably give me a headache.
Nec Aspera Terrent