The Mess

Smitty-48

Re: The Mess

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:18 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
C-Mag wrote:Congrats to SAS sniper 1 shot 3 kills
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -shot.html
Magic bullet theory?
Really showcases the big upgrade from .308 Win to .338 Lapua, 1800m and it's still arriving like a mack truck with loads of energy to spare.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:47 pm

Okinawa Marine devises way to immediately treat battlefield injuries

Long designed a tear-proof package that slips into a Marine’s flak jacket behind the ceramic plates meant to stop bullets and shrapnel. When ruptured, the package releases a clotting agent and a painkiller to stop the bleeding and numb the pain, combating shock instantly.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:02 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:

Long designed a tear-proof package that slips into a Marine’s flak jacket behind the ceramic plates meant to stop bullets and shrapnel. When ruptured, the package releases a clotting agent and a painkiller to stop the bleeding and numb the pain, combating shock instantly.
So fucking simple it brilliant !
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:05 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:

So fucking simple it brilliant !
That's been the reaction I'm seeing, and what I first thought.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:06 pm

Damn. I want to get shot now....

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:24 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Damn. I want to get shot now....
I'm free all day tomorrow....................... what's your favorite caliber

:pray:
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:26 pm

Idk man. This seems kind of fun when you nerf it down like that. Some people speculate that's what these guys are doing in Iraq. Just having fun.

http://benedante.blogspot.com/2015/03/a ... d.html?m=1

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:34 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Idk man. This seems kind of fun when you nerf it down like that. Some people speculate that's what these guys are doing in Iraq. Just having fun.

http://benedante.blogspot.com/2015/03/a ... d.html?m=1
The number one killer in combat is blood loss. Everything I've seen over the past ten years has been one method after another that tries to stop massive bleeding. Speaking of which. I've still got an experimental hemostatic pad from ten years ago. I should probably get rid of that thing.

I couldn't find the one I saw for the pads they gave us to test. I don't know how quikclot works, but the pads they gave us stopped bleeding by cauterizing the wound. Whatever they were made of, when they contacted blood they got really fucking hot.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:39 pm

Can you really make an IV like that Jason Bourn guy did in that one movie using store bought stuff?

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:46 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Can you really make an IV like that Jason Bourn guy did in that one movie using store bought stuff?
I don't remember exactly what he used, but I don't think it should be too hard to do. You need a super sharp needle, or you're gonna tear the vein. Then it's just hook up the tubing to the bag. Hitting the vein can take some practice. That seems like the more difficult thing to do than finding supplies. Luckily, I have big bulging veins, so I never got stuck up like a pincushion by someone who didn't know what to do.

Best idea we ever had was to get this medic chick come hook us all up to IVs so we could hydrate while we got drunk. We're all standing in the kitchen with our saline hanging from the cabinet nobs. :lol: