The Mess

SuburbanFarmer

Re: The Mess

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:06 pm

Accidents are my job to prevent. Homicides are the #2 cause of death, and I'm sure the number of stabbings is low.

I don't really helicopter. The 9-year old has the run of the neighborhood by day. The 2 year-old I do, but only for now. Once he's up on a bike, it's hands off.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:07 pm

Absolutely. So how do so many teens and preteens get ahold of guns?
:roll:

There is not an epidemic of kids shooting themselves. In a nation of 320 million people and 300 million guns, two or three hundred children die in accidental shootings each year. The numbers vary depending on what angle is being pushed by the person you're getting the numbers from.
The leading causes of injury death differed by age group.
  • For children less than 1 year of age, two–thirds of injury deaths were due to suffocation.
    Drowning was the leading cause injury death for those 1 to 4 years of age.
    For children 5 to 19 years of age, the most injury deaths were due to being an occupant in a motor vehicle traffic crash.
https://www.cdc.gov/safechild/child_injury_data.html
Look at these charts. The number one killer of children and teens is car wrecks, and those have diminished to nearly nothing.
Seventy-one percent of child motor vehicle crash deaths in 2015 were passenger vehicle occupants, 20 percent were pedestrians, and 3 percent were bicyclists. Child pedestrian and bicyclist deaths declined by 89 and 94 percent, respectively, since 1975. Passenger vehicle child occupant deaths in 2015 were 52 percent lower than in 1975.

http://www.iihs.org/iihs/topics/t/child ... ild-safety
Give you a little tip. Any time someone tries to convince you of their argument by bringing up the children, alarm bells should be going off, and you should think a little more skeptically about what they're trying to sell you. This is the US circa 2016. We don't have epidemics of child deaths from any cause. This isn't the middle ages.

http://www.data360.org/dsg.aspx?Data_Set_Group_Id=587

If I tried to convince you that we needed to get rid of cars, because they actually are the leading cause of death for teens, wouldn't you think that's a pretty retarded argument?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:15 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Accidents are my job to prevent. Homicides are the #2 cause of death, and I'm sure the number of stabbings is low.

I don't really helicopter. The 9-year old has the run of the neighborhood by day. The 2 year-old I do, but only for now. Once he's up on a bike, it's hands off.
An average of 16,375 teenagers 12-19 years died in the United States every year from 1999 to 2006. This is less than 1 percent of all deaths that occur every year in the United States.

Homicide at #2 is 13% of 1% of all deaths. Plus, you're not even the right color.

Would you stop being such a panic monkey. The fucking kids are alright.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:42 pm

Homicide at #2 is 13% of 1% of all deaths.
That is not how statistics work. CHILD homicides are 1% of 13% of all deaths each year. That is ridiculous that it even exists as a statistic.
Okeefenokee wrote:If I tried to convince you that we needed to get rid of cars, because they actually are the leading cause of death for teens, wouldn't you think that's a pretty retarded argument?

Can't come soon enough. People are fucking retarded behind the wheel. :D

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:49 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
That is not how statistics work. CHILD homicides are 1% of 13% of all deaths each year. That is ridiculous that it even exists as a statistic.
Okeefenokee wrote:If I tried to convince you that we needed to get rid of cars, because they actually are the leading cause of death for teens, wouldn't you think that's a pretty retarded argument?

No. Try reading again. I don't think I can make this any clearer.
An average of 16,375 teenagers 12-19 years died in the United States every year from 1999 to 2006. This is less than 1 percent of all deaths that occur every year in the United States.

That big circle is 1% of all deaths in the US. 13% of that 1% is homicides. 13% of 1% is .13%, and it doesn't even effect white people.

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:59 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote: Image

They are pretty careful, they just have moments of retardation sometimes.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:07 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

No. Try reading again. I don't think I can make this any clearer.

That big circle is 1% of all deaths in the US. 13% of that 1% is homicides. 13% of 1% is .13%, and it doesn't even effect white people.
And it is a fallacy to expect 100% of that .13% to be firearms. Knives and Alluminum baseball bats are cheap and easily obtained by teens.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:11 am

Absolutely. So how do so many teens and preteens get ahold of guns?
Are you kidding me? How do they get any drug they wish or alcohol. Where there is demand a market will supply. Your banning scheme will prevent nothing.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:13 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:

If you don't like driving take a bus

Self-drivers are an inherent loss of freedom
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:37 am

California wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

If you don't like driving take a bus

Self-drivers are an inherent loss of freedom
Yes they are. But after thinking about it for a while, it's a tradeoff that I'd make - once I have some way to disable any sort of tracking on it.
If I can be tracked, then it's not worth it. But otherwise, the ability to take a nap on the way to work, and be safer, and not see any more traffic jams would be amazing.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace