The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

Speaker to Animals

Re: The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:34 am

A more humane method would be to arm the illegals with spears, make chopper chad a cameraman, and just film the epic battle from the air.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:44 am

Fox hunters used the same arguments to defend their entertainment too.
If you need to cull an animal you identify the animals of breeding age and take them out as humanely as possible.
Shooting random beasts from a helicopter is not an efficient or humane method of culling.

Anyway, I came here to post this not get embroiled in an argument about hunting.

For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:50 am

You really do not understand the problem, Monty. This is not about reducing the population for conservation. Boars do not belong in North America. They are potentially dangerous and the farmer obviously needed them all killed, not controlled. They are incredibly damaging to the ecology here as well.

It's open season most places. Killed on sight. And few actually want packs of wild boar on their property.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:54 pm

I'm surprised nobody has just asked the boars to leave, this is inhumane.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:00 pm

BoarLivesMatter

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:10 pm

Look, I'm not arguing against the control or even eradication of invasive species. I am just saying that taking pot shots from a chopper is a shitty and inhumane method of doing it, no matter how much fun it is.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:12 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:10 pm
Look, I'm not arguing against the control or even eradication of invasive species. I am just saying that taking pot shots from a chopper is a shitty and inhumane method of doing it, no matter how much fun it is.
So what is your hunting strategy here?

Keeping in mind.. chopper chad just culled an entire sounder in about twenty minutes worth of fuel.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:20 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:44 am
Fox hunters used the same arguments to defend their entertainment too.
If you need to cull an animal you identify the animals of breeding age and take them out as humanely as possible.
Shooting random beasts from a helicopter is not an efficient or humane method of culling.

Anyway, I came here to post this not get embroiled in an argument about hunting.

NP
We just need to combine these two lines of discussion.
Boar Hounds, the Medieval equivelent of a chopper. ;)

Forging a Boar Spear is on the bucket list. I've been fascinated by them since I saw one on a castle wall overlooking the Rhine.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

brewster

Post by brewster » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:54 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:20 pm
Forging a Boar Spear is on the bucket list. I've been fascinated by them since I saw one on a castle wall overlooking the Rhine.
As I understand it, real men didn't spear a boar brought down by dogs. They got close enough to the boar for it to charge, grounded the butt, and took the charge on the spear point. Fuck up and you're not the one who survives, just like King Robert In GoT. The cross bar was to keep the boar from coming all the way up the shaft and shred you anyway. I was annoyed by a scene in 2nd season of American Gods where a dude gets speared in just such a fashion, and they show the crossbar coming through the body.

Back to the vid, does anyone collect that meat or does it rot in the field and feed the coyotes? Tasty stuff, had boar in Munich.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:15 pm

brewster wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:54 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:20 pm
As I understand it, real men didn't spear a boar brought down by dogs. They got close enough to the boar for it to charge, grounded the butt, and took the charge on the spear point. Fuck up and you're not the one who survives, just like King Robert In GoT. The cross bar was to keep the boar from coming all the way up the shaft and shred you anyway. I was annoyed by a scene in 2nd season of American Gods where a dude gets speared in just such a fashion, and they show the crossbar coming through the body.

Back to the vid, does anyone collect that meat or does it rot in the field and feed the coyotes? Tasty stuff, had boar in Munich.
I understand the use of the Boar Spear to be the same. I'm sure back in the day there were lords who were hunters and others who posers. The posers would be like the executive who cheats at golf or Evel Kneivel who'd have his driver, drive the truck 2000 miles, then 5 miles out of town hop in the drivers seat and act like he drove the entire thing.

The bulk of hog hunting meat rots. :(
Which is not really cool by me. If nothing else there should be dog food companies following the copter and picking up carcasses...………. or giving the meat to zoos, whatev. But wild boar are a YUGE problem all through the South.

Boar is downright tasty. Roast Boar Shank Mmmmmmmmmmmm:D
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience